VP of Product
San Francisco /
Recent progress in artificial intelligence coupled with a growing resource of longitudinal patient data from historical clinical trials and real world sources provides an unprecedented opportunity to transform clinical trials and speed the development of new medicines.
Unlearn is a science-first company that has invented the first machine learning platform for creating Digital Twins of patients in clinical trials — comprehensive simulations that answer “what would likely happen to this patient if he/she were randomized to the control group?”.
Using information from Digital Twins to estimate treatment effects with PROCOVA™ reduces required sample sizes, increases statistical power, and provides patient-level treatment response information.
It’s about increasing confidence in trial results.
It’s about bringing new medicines to patients faster.
It's about time.
Your role at Unlearn
Our Product Vision: Deep learning based methods for modeling disease progression can simulate how a patient’s disease will progress under currently available treatments. Predictions of patients’ disease progression on placebo — their Digital Twins — can be leveraged using a statistical method called PROCOVA™ to increase power in clinical trials without risk, enabling the design of substantially smaller studies. The result? Faster clinical trials across all trial phases and therapeutic areas.
You'll work with company leadership to translate this product vision into a concrete product roadmap.
As the leader of product, you’ll sit at the intersection of our work on artificial intelligence, data science, biostatistics, and clinical trials; leading and working with broad cross-functional teams. You’ll build and manage an exceptional product team, and inspire a culture of experiment-driven decision making across the organization.
- Translate the above product vision into a concrete product roadmap
- Build, coach, and lead the product team on execution of the product roadmap
- Inspire a testing culture in which product decisions are based on the results of experiments whenever possible
- Help us invent for the customer by developing a deep understanding of the customers’ problems and working with our scientists and engineers to invent and implement the right solutions
- You are an experienced product leader who wants to help build a new, computationally-focused approach to solving important problems in healthcare.
- B.S. in a quantitative field (advanced degree a plus)
- Passionate about understanding and solving customers’ problems
- Extensive experience defining and executing product roadmaps with a clear track record of launching new products and updating features
- First-hand experience building products for healthcare that incorporate AI, data science, or other quantitative methods. Experience with products that are sold to biotech or pharma is preferred
- Previous experience in a data science-like role is preferred; you should be able to distinguish which data science problems are easy, hard, or impossible to solve .
- Familiarity with iterative product development and frameworks, and their application to software and data science-driven products, including product development that requires research-led innovation
- Broad knowledge base and the ability to converse and collaborate with different types of teams including machine learning, software engineering, data science, biostatistics, clinical scientists, and business development.
- A demonstrated ability and eagerness to adapt quickly to new information
Compensation & benefits
Unlearn offers compensation commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package, including:
Generous equity participation
Unlimited PTO plus company holidays
Annual company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Years holidays
Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
401k plan with generous matching
Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
Commuter benefits plan
Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if authorized to work in the U.S.
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and create an inclusive work environment because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission to create AI to simulate biology and improve patients' lives.