Recruiter (Life Sciences)
San Francisco or Remote /
Based in San Francisco, Unlearn was founded in 2017 by a team of world-class machine learning scientists to drive clinical trial timelines towards zero with novel applications of artificial intelligence and statistical modeling. Enrollment challenges and timeline delays plague clinical trials. Unlearn has invented a new type of randomized controlled trial called a TwinRCT that generates reliable evidence while enabling the use of smaller control groups than traditional trials. TwinRCTs complete enrollment in less time, are more attractive to potential participants, and provide a regulatory-suitable method for using machine learning-based prognostic models trained on historical trial data to improve future clinical trials. We recently raised a Series B of $50 million in venture capital from top tier investors such as Insight Partners, 8VC, DCVC, and DCVC Bio.
Recent progress in artificial intelligence coupled with a growing resource of longitudinal patient data from historical clinical trials and real world sources provides an unprecedented opportunity to transform clinical trials and speed the development of new medicines.
Unlearn is a science-first company that has invented the first machine learning platform for creating prognostic Digital Twins of patients in clinical trials — comprehensive simulations of disease progression that answer “what would likely happen to this patient if he/she were randomized to the control group?”.
Incorporating Digital Twins into Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs) to estimate treatment effects reduces required sample sizes, increases statistical power, and provides insight into patient-level treatment responses.
It’s about increasing confidence in trial results.
It’s about bringing new medicines to patients faster.
It's about time.
Your role at Unlearn
Unlearn is looking for an in-house recruiter who is excited about helping us bring the best talent to our growing team, primarily focusing on life sciences roles within the company. Your work will be high impact and influential, with extensive exposure to company leaders. You will focus primarily on our life science roles but must be open to recruiting for all roles as needed.
- Own full recruitment process including: sourcing, reviewing ad response, interviews, feedback, and offer presentations
- Collaborate with hiring managers across teams to deeply understand their hiring needs and proactively translate that into a positive candidate and interviewer experience
- Build a recruiting engine, which is able to execute on our ambitious hiring goals with processes and policies that are relevant to Unlearn’s current stage of growth
- Ensure a positive candidate experience and hiring process
- Build a diverse pipeline of candidates to support our team using creative sourcing channels
- Maintain applicant tracking system and analyze candidate performance data to share with the team
- Report recruiting process metrics and hiring plan progress, providing weekly updates and up-to-date progress on recruiting for your roles
- While this role will focus primarily on recruiting for our life sciences & commercial teams, a successful candidate must adapt to hiring priorities by sometimes focusing on other roles
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of experience in recruiting
- 2+ years' experience recruiting specifically for Life Sciences roles
- Proven success at all stages of recruiting (sourcing, screening, interviewing, hiring) for a high-growth company
- Organized and efficient, you have the ability to plan projects, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively
- Familiarity with sourcing, evaluating, and closing technical (e.g. biostatistics) and non-technical candidates
- Experience configuring and managing an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), ideally Lever, but not required
- Experience sourcing candidates from different industries and backgrounds including: academia, life sciences, and technology
- Ability to balance process with delivery of results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including writing effective job advertisements for your roles, selling Unlearn in every interview, and crafting compelling messages to source candidates via LinkedIn.
Compensation & Benefits
This role has an annual salary range between $100,000-140,000 commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package, including:
• Generous equity participation
• Unlimited PTO plus company holidays
• Annual company-wide break December 24 through January 1
• Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
• 401k plan with generous matching
• Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
• Commuter benefits plan
• Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if authorized to work in the U.S.
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer.
We embrace diversity and create an inclusive work environment because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission to create AI to simulate biology and improve patients' lives.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All employees who work at Unlearn must comply with our COVID-19 vaccination requirement or receive an approved exemption.