Director of Applied Biostatistics
San Francisco or Remote /
Recent progress in artificial intelligence coupled with a growing resource of longitudinal patient data from historical clinical trials and real world sources provides an unprecedented opportunity to transform clinical trials and speed the development of new medicines.
Unlearn is a science-first company that has invented the first machine learning platform for creating Digital Twins of patients in clinical trials — comprehensive simulations that answer “what would likely happen to this patient if he/she were randomized to the control group?”.
Using information from Digital Twins to estimate treatment effects with PROCOVA™ reduces required sample sizes, increases statistical power, and provides patient-level treatment response information.
It’s about increasing confidence in trial results.
It’s about bringing new medicines to patients faster.
It's about time.
- Lead, develop, and grow the applied biostatistics team to achieve company objectives
- Directs, reviews and provide input to staff on statistical analysis plans, protocol design, and study reports
- Work closely with business development and alliance managers to support customer priorities
- Collaborate with engineering team to integrate SAS workflows with existing python-based software infrastructure
- Identify process gaps, drive standardization, and critically evaluate and implement best practices
- Supervise staff, organizing and prioritizing workload, writing and conducting performance reviews, identifying areas for training and development, goal setting, and managing performance
- Collaborate with data science and clinical teams on evidence dissemination strategy
- At least 10 years of experience at a pharmaceutical/biotech company or CRO with at least 5 years of experience managing biostatisticians
- Advanced degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or equivalent experience with an advanced degree in a similar field
- Experience designing clinical research, writing statistical analysis plans, and demonstrated knowledge of applied biostatistics
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAS procedures for statistical analysis of clinical trial data
- Ability to operate effectively in an interdisciplinary environment, influence decisions, and leverage customer management skills
Compensation & benefits
Unlearn offers compensation commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package, including:
Generous equity participation
Unlimited PTO plus company holidays
Annual company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Years holidays
Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
401k plan with generous matching
Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
Commuter benefits plan
Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if authorized to work in the U.S.
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and create an inclusive work environment because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission to create AI to simulate biology and improve patients' lives.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All employees who work at Unlearn must comply with our COVID-19 vaccination requirement or receive an approved exemption.