Senior DevOps Engineer
San Francisco /
Recent progress in artificial intelligence coupled with a growing resource of longitudinal patient data from historical clinical trials and real world sources provides an unprecedented opportunity to transform clinical trials and speed the development of new medicines.
Unlearn is a science-first company that has invented the first machine learning platform for creating Digital Twins of patients in clinical trials — comprehensive simulations that answer “what would likely happen to this patient if he/she were randomized to the control group?”.
Using information from Digital Twins to estimate treatment effects with PROCOVA™ reduces required sample sizes, increases statistical power, and provides patient-level treatment response information.
It’s about increasing confidence in trial results.
It’s about bringing new medicines to patients faster.
It's about time.
Your role at Unlearn
You will be collaborating with an incredibly talented team working to scale the software platform that undergirds Unlearn’s technology. Your primary responsibilities will be (1) to support the software-development lifecycle at Unlearn, ensuring the highest-quality practice across our technical organization, and (2) to manage the data and compute infrastructure that supports Unlearn’s work, both internally and in engagements with customers. You will have outsized impact throughout the technical organization, helping shape the core infrastructure in a rapidly-growing company.
- Work with engineers on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of important infrastructure services.
- Scoping of work, management of backlog and predictability of project delivery.
- Provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement.
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for continuous integration, build engineering, and software release management.
- Develop and maintain system-level automated testing suites.
- Manage infrastructure for archiving production computational artifacts, and documentation serving.
- Support infrastructure for data science and machine learning workflows.
- You are an experienced devops engineer who wants to help build a new, computationally-focused approach to accelerating clinical trials.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.5+ years industry devops experience.
- Familiarity with IaC frameworks like Terraform.
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures.
- Special experience with AWS services.
- Solid understanding of the configuration, deployment, management and maintenance of cloud-hosted systems.
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines.
- Proficiency with containerization technologies, specifically k8s and Docker.
- Understand cloud security and applicable best practices.
- Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments.
- Driving best practices in system security, software packaging, testing, and release management. Experience supporting infrastructure for reliable and repeatable data science and machine learning computing pipelines.
- Fluency in Python.
- The ability to lead, collaborate, communicate, and mentor others.
- Eventually (after the pandemic) able to work in the downtown SF office at least 2 days per week.
Compensation & benefits
Unlearn offers compensation commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package, including:
Generous equity participation
Unlimited PTO plus company holidays
Annual company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Years holidays
Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
401k plan with generous matching
Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
Commuter benefits plan
Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if authorized to work in the U.S.
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and create an inclusive work environment because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission to create AI to simulate biology and improve patients' lives.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All employees who work at Unlearn must comply with our COVID-19 vaccination requirement or receive an approved exemption.