Data Scientist - Clinical Data
San Francisco or Remote /
Technology – Data Science & Specifications /
Unlearn was founded in 2017 by a team of world-class machine learning scientists with a vision to eliminate trial and error in medicine using artificial intelligence. Today, we are committed to driving clinical trial timelines towards zero with novel applications of artificial intelligence and statistical modeling.
Enrollment challenges and timeline delays plague clinical trials. Unlearn has invented a type of randomized controlled trial called a TwinRCT, which generates reliable evidence while enabling the use of smaller control groups than traditional trials. TwinRCTs complete enrollment in less time, are more patient-centric, and provide a regulatory-approved method for using machine learning-based prognostic models trained on historical trial data to improve future clinical trials.
Unlearn has recently raised a Series B of $50 million in venture capital from top tier investors such as Insight Partners, Radical Ventures, 8VC, DCVC, and DCVC Bio. We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Data Scientists working on our Clinical Data teams at Unlearn are responsible for building world class internal data products that enable fundamental advancements in machine learning and Unlearn’s solutions for driving clinical trial timelines towards zero. Data Scientists work in multi-disciplinary teams to leverage high-quality software to build datasets and tailor them for use in machine learning. These teams work across disease areas, constantly learning and growing their capabilities to deliver innovative solutions around clinical data.
- Using our powerful, proprietary software tools to transform clinical trial, observational study, and electronic health data into tidy datasets that empower the machine learning teams.
- Analyzing clinical datasets and understanding outcome measures, biomarkers, and other data measured in clinical trials.
- Collaborating with a team of multi-disciplinary scientists and engineers to build high-quality data products that leverage well-organized data, domain knowledge, and insightful data analysis and documentation.
- B.S. or related degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Fluency in Python and its essential data science tools (numpy, pandas).
- Experience working with complex or nuanced datasets.
- Experience or interest in clinical data and improving decision making in healthcare.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborative software development.
- Experience with clinical datasets in applied machine learning applications.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams that include scientists, engineers, and product management.
Compensation and Benefits
We make extensive use of data to ensure all our offers are fair and competitive. Total annual compensation (base salary and team-based performance bonus) for this role will range from $131,000 to $191,000 and will be commensurate with a candidate's experience.
• Equity participation
• 401k plan with generous matching
• Flexible PTO plus company holidays
• Annual company-wide break December 24 through January 1
• Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
• Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
• One-time home-office set up stipend
• Commuter benefits plan
• Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity to create an inclusive work environment because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission.
All employees who work at Unlearn must comply with our COVID-19 vaccination requirement.