San Francisco or Remote /
Recent progress in artificial intelligence coupled with a growing resource of longitudinal patient data from historical clinical trials and real world sources provides an unprecedented opportunity to transform clinical trials and speed the development of new medicines.
Unlearn is a science-first company that has invented the first machine learning platform for creating Digital Twins of patients in clinical trials — comprehensive simulations that answer “what would likely happen to this patient if he/she were randomized to the control group?”.
Using information from Digital Twins to estimate treatment effects with PROCOVA™ reduces required sample sizes, increases statistical power, and provides patient-level treatment response information.
It’s about increasing confidence in trial results.
It’s about bringing new medicines to patients faster.
It's about time.
Your role at Unlearn
As a Biostatistician, your primary responsibilities are:
• Collaborate with customers to implement novel methods in clinical trials
◦ Conduct sample size estimates for trials that will use PROCOVA™
◦ Drafting SAPs for trials that use Digital Twins
◦ Analyzing trials following these SAPs using PROCOVA™
◦ Presenting to clients on SAPs & analysis results
◦ Support statistical sections of regulatory submissions
• Collaborate with the Unlearn Data Science team and methodological biostatisticians
◦ Explain new methods to potential customers
◦ Develop case studies for external presentation
◦ Identify optimal SAS code for model implementations
◦ Compare SAS, R, and python model outputs and results
- At least 2 years of experience at a pharmaceutical/biotech company or CRO supporting clinical trials
- PhD in Biostatistics or equivalent experience with an advanced degree in a similar field
- Experience writing statistical analysis plans involving mixed models and time-to-event analysis
- Knowledge of SAS statistical procedures
- Experience with randomized controlled trial study design
Compensation & benefits
Unlearn offers compensation commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package, including:
Generous equity participation
Unlimited PTO plus company holidays
Annual company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Years holidays
Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
401k plan with generous matching
Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
Commuter benefits plan
Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if authorized to work in the U.S.
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and create an inclusive work environment because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission to create AI to simulate biology and improve patients' lives.