San Francisco, CA or Boston, MA /
Science – Regulatory Affairs /
We are advancing AI to power the future of medicine.
At Unlearn, our purpose is to advance artificial intelligence (AI) to eliminate trial and error in medicine. We use AI to simulate potential health outcomes for individual patients. Today, we are reimagining the randomized control trial (RCT) for the 21st century through AI-powered clinical trials or TwinRCT. A TwinRCT allows more trial patients to receive the experimental treatment, reaches full enrollment faster and put patients first. Unlearn’s innovative work in AI today will reinvent how AI is applied in medicine tomorrow—and we have a top secret plan for how to get there. We won’t be able to achieve this mission just by applying technologies created by others; the future must be invented.
Unlearn is a technology company, not a biotech company. We use computers, not pipettes. We make and use software, we don’t discover or make drugs. We believe that AI will define the future of medicine, and we aren’t deterred by naysayers or skeptics.
We come from a variety of backgrounds ranging from machine learning to marketing—but regardless of where we come from, Unlearners share some common traits:
>> Unlearners are ambitious; we aren’t intimidated by big, challenging goals.
>> Unlearners are disciplined experimenters; we break down our big goals into smaller chunks and meet as often as necessary to track our velocity and iterate quickly.
>> Unlearners are gritty; we never give up, setbacks just make us try harder.
>> Unlearners are receptive to new ideas; in fact, we hate being stuck with the status quo.
>> Unlearners are storytellers; sharing information with each other and with the world is super important, too important to be boring. And, last but not least,
>> Unlearners are team-oriented; we put the mission first, the company second, the team third, and individuals last.
Founded in 2017 by a team of world-class machine learning scientists, we have raised venture capital from top tier investors such as Insight Partners, Radical Ventures, 8VC, DCVC, and DCVC Bio. We completed our $50 million Series B in April 2022. We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA and have an additional office in Boston, MA.
If our purpose and culture resonate with you, we invite you to apply.
About the Role
As a key player of the regulatory team, you will have a critical role in expanding the reputation and credibility of Unlearn by helping in the dissemination of our clinical and scientific evidence. You also will help in one of the company’s goals of building a robust pipeline of disease progression models by helping the data science team to understand clinical trial designs for a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Develop and/or support scientific documents including scientific abstracts, scientific manuscripts, clinical internal reports, posters, and regulatory submissions
- Perform quality control of internal and external scientific and regulatory documents
- Research clinical trial designs in a variety of therapeutic areas and document relevant information into an internal report
- Coordinate the internal review and approval process of scientific and regulatory documents, including development and implementation of SOPs and templates as needed
- Search and identify suitable journals to submit scientific manuscripts and coordinate the submission, review, and approval process
- Bachelor degree or advanced degree in a scientific discipline (biology, biostatistics, medicine or related field)
- At least 4 years of experience (with bachelor degree) or 1 year of experience (with PhD) as a medical writer at a pharmaceutical/biotech, CRO, or other company with a focus on medical and scientific writing
- Accustomed to research information about clinical trial designs and ability to understand and interpret clinical and scientific data
- Strong computer and project management skills, and demonstrated ability to work effectively with different stakeholders
$80,000 - $172,000 a year
This is base salary.
Our compensation packages include substantial components including annual performance bonuses as well as equity grants (stock options) so everyone can share in the upside when the company does well.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a suite of benefits and perks for our team members, including:
• Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
• 401k plan with generous company matching
• Flexible PTO plus company holidays
• Annual company-wide winter break (December 24 - January 1)
• Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
• One-time home-office set up stipend
• Commuter benefits plan
• Paid Parental Leave
• Equity education and tax advisory service
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer.
At Unlearn, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission. If you’re excited about this role, and your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply nevertheless.