San Francisco, CA or Boston, MA /
Business Development – Business Development /
We are advancing AI to power the future of medicine.
At Unlearn, our purpose is to advance artificial intelligence (AI) to eliminate trial and error in medicine. We use AI to simulate potential health outcomes for individual patients. Today, we are reimagining the randomized control trial (RCT) for the 21st century through AI-powered clinical trials or TwinRCT. A TwinRCT allows more trial patients to receive the experimental treatment, reaches full enrollment faster and put patients first. Unlearn’s innovative work in AI today will reinvent how AI is applied in medicine tomorrow—and we have a top secret plan for how to get there. We won’t be able to achieve this mission just by applying technologies created by others; the future must be invented.
Unlearn is a technology company, not a biotech company. We use computers, not pipettes. We make and use software, we don’t discover or make drugs. We believe that AI will define the future of medicine, and we aren’t deterred by naysayers or skeptics.
We come from a variety of backgrounds ranging from machine learning to marketing—but regardless of where we come from, Unlearners share some common traits:
>> Unlearners are ambitious; we aren’t intimidated by big, challenging goals.
>> Unlearners are disciplined experimenters; we break down our big goals into smaller chunks and meet as often as necessary to track our velocity and iterate quickly.
>> Unlearners are gritty; we never give up, setbacks just make us try harder.
>> Unlearners are receptive to new ideas; in fact, we hate being stuck with the status quo.
>> Unlearners are storytellers; sharing information with each other and with the world is super important, too important to be boring. And, last but not least,
>> Unlearners are team-oriented; we put the mission first, the company second, the team third, and individuals last.
Founded in 2017 by a team of world-class machine learning scientists, we have raised venture capital from top tier investors such as Insight Partners, Radical Ventures, 8VC, DCVC, and DCVC Bio. We completed our $50 million Series B in April 2022. We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA and have an additional office in Boston, MA.
If our purpose and culture resonate with you, we invite you to apply.
About the Role
Our business development team partners with pharma and biotech customers to implement our AI-powered clinical trials. We are building AI that can create digital twins of patients in clinical trials, and use it to design more efficient, ethical and reliable clinical studies. In this role, you’ll own business development operations at Unlearn, which include building and maintaining the necessary resources to help the business development team grow sales and track key learning metrics of success. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in business development or sales operations at a growing technology company.
This role is based either in our HQ in San Francisco, CA or in Boston, MA.
- Drive operations across the business development organization, including process optimization, pipeline management, and forecasting accuracy.
- Develop and maintain business development enablement resources, such as training materials, playbooks, and competitive intelligence.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams in the Technology, Science, and Business Development organizations to ensure alignment on sales strategy and execution.
- Partner with business development leadership to establish sales goals and develop action plans to achieve them.
- Analyze business development data and trends to identify opportunities for improvement and inform decision-making.
- Manage the business development technology stack, including the CRM and sales automation tools, and ensure that data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of experience in Sales Operations or a related role, preferably in the technology/SaaS/AI industry.
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with sales data and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Salesforce and other sales automation tools including building and maintaining dashboards and reports that support strategic decision making.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
You will thrive in this role, if you:
- Are gritty and excited by new challenges. You embrace challenges with enthusiasm and are willing to use iterative experimentation to guide data-driven decision making and overcome challenges.
- Are a problem solver even when a solution is unclear. You are happy to take on problems with unclear solutions and plan and execute to gather data that allows you to solve that problem.
- Are a people-person. You are energized by interacting with people and are an expert at building deep cooperative relationships.
- Believe in Mission > Company > Team > Self. You believe that achieving Unlearn’s mission is the north star and you are willing to adapt within your role and within the different teams you work in to help the company achieve that mission.
- Have a passion or deep curiosity about artificial intelligence and the positive impact technology can have on society.
$110,000 - $155,000 a year
This is base salary.
Our compensation packages include substantial components including annual performance bonuses as well as equity grants (stock options) so everyone can share in the upside when the company does well.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a suite of benefits and perks for our team members, including:
• Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
• 401k plan with generous company matching
• Flexible PTO plus company holidays
• Annual company-wide winter break (December 24 - January 1)
• Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
• One-time home-office set up stipend
• Commuter benefits plan
• Paid Parental Leave
• Equity education and tax advisory service
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer.
At Unlearn, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission. If you’re excited about this role, and your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply nevertheless.