Technical Program Manager
San Francisco /
Recent progress in artificial intelligence coupled with a growing resource of longitudinal patient data from historical clinical trials and real world sources provides an unprecedented opportunity to transform clinical trials and speed the development of new medicines.
Unlearn is a science-first company that has invented the first machine learning platform for creating Digital Twins of patients in clinical trials — comprehensive simulations that answer “what would likely happen to this patient if he/she were randomized to the control group?”.
Using information from Digital Twins to estimate treatment effects reduces required sample sizes, increase statistical power, and provides patient-level treatment response information.
It’s about increasing confidence in trial results.
It’s about bringing new medicines to patients faster.
It’s about time.
Your Role at Unlearn
You will be collaborating with the talented team working to productionize, scale, and extend Unlearn’s technology. Your primary responsibility will be to help define requirements and manage the development of Unlearn’s software, especially its internal AI/ML platform. You will shape and facilitate the collaboration between software engineers, machine learning scientists, data scientists, and statisticians. As Unlearn’s first Technical Program Manager you will make a massive contribution to our core product stack and ultimately to Unlearn’s success.
- Define and ship new internal software systems to expand and scale Unlearn’s technology.
- Improve existing software tools for data science, machine learning, and engineering teams.
- Create product requirement documents (PRDs) and tangible roadmaps for engineering, machine learning, data science, and biostatistics teams.
- Identify pain points and help improve the usability of Unlearn’s software platform.
- Track and drive development and ensure fulfillment of requirements using issue tracking systems (e.g., Asana, Github).
- Facilitate productive interactions between all project stakeholders to ensure needs are understood and met.
- 3+ years of experience in technical program management, with emphasis on software and especially with machine learning and data science programs.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other relevant technical field.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology.
- Experience balancing the trade-offs involved in product development.
- Experience carrying a software product from conception to final delivery, overseeing definition, roadmapping, and execution.
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a software products.
- Data-centric and analytical. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions. You leverage your strong analytical skills to create effective strategies. You also have a demonstrated ability to make decisions in the absence of data and figure out how to gather data (through experiments, tests, etc) to support your decisions.
- Technical fluency. You have the ability to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, trade-offs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Excellent communication skills. You are comfortable speaking in front of the company at an all-hands meeting. You are comfortable writing a detailed memo on your plans that you can defend.
- Strong collaboration skills. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with. You promote effective communication between cross-functional teams.
- Strong intuition for customer experience. You can translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements.
- Eye for scale and extensibility. You have an intuition for software design that facilitates extensions to new use cases and increased scale of operation.
Compensation & benefits
Unlearn offers compensation commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package, including:
Generous equity participation.
Unlimited PTO plus company holidays.
Annual company-wide shutdown between Christmas Eve and New Years holidays.
Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events.
401k plan with generous matching.
Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans.
Commuter benefits plan.
Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if authorized to work in the U.S.