Boston, MA /
Business Development – Business Development /
We are advancing AI to power the future of medicine.
At Unlearn, our purpose is to advance artificial intelligence (AI) to eliminate trial and error in medicine. We are innovating advanced machine learning methods to leverage generative AI in forecasting patient outcomes, starting with the domain of clinical trials. We produce AI-generated digital twins of individual trial participants, enabling smaller and more efficient clinical trials to bring effective
medicines to patients sooner.
Our innovative work in AI today will reinvent how AI is applied in medicine tomorrow — and we have a top secret plan for how to get there. We won’t be able to achieve this mission just by applying technologies created by others; the future must be invented.
Unlearn is a technology company, not a biotech company. We use computers, not pipettes. We make and use software, we don’t discover or make drugs. We believe that AI will define the future of medicine, and we aren’t deterred by naysayers or skeptics.
We come from a variety of backgrounds ranging from machine learning to marketing—but regardless of where we come from, Unlearners share some common traits:
>> Unlearners are ambitious; we aren’t intimidated by big, challenging goals.
>> Unlearners are disciplined experimenters; we break down our big goals into smaller chunks and meet as often as necessary to track our velocity and iterate quickly.
>> Unlearners are gritty; we never give up, setbacks just make us try harder.
>> Unlearners are receptive to new ideas; in fact, we hate being stuck with the status quo.
>> Unlearners are storytellers; sharing information with each other and with the world is super important, too important to be boring. And, last but not least,
>> Unlearners are team-oriented; we put the mission first, the company second, the team third, and individuals last.
Founded in 2017 by a team of world-class machine learning scientists, we have raised venture capital from top tier investors such as Insight Partners, Radical Ventures, 8VC, DCVC, and DCVC Bio. We completed our $50 million Series B in April 2022. We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA and have an additional office in Boston, MA.
If our purpose and culture resonate with you, we invite you to apply.
About the Role
Our account management team helps pharma and biotech customers run AI-powered clinical trials that reach full enrollment faster using smaller control groups. The Account Manager requires a mixture of technical understanding, relationship building, and account management skills to identify up-sell opportunities. In this role, you will lead engagements with current customers, and will be Unelarn’s key internal stakeholder to ensure customer engagements are successful while maintaining the scope of the project. The ideal candidate will have a track-record of managing multi-year, enterprise engagements with customers and proven success identifying up-sell opportunities in collaboration with a business development or sales colleague.
This role is based in Boston, MA and requires some travel.
- Manage and develop customer relationships to ensure satisfaction and retention.
- Oversee projects to ensure they are executed within contractual guidelines and expectations.
- Proactively identify upsell opportunities within existing accounts and working closely with the business development team to close these opportunities and drive revenue growth.
- Be the liaison between the customer and the Unlearn team to ensure clear communication and alignment of project goals and expectations.
- Address customer concerns and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Report and track key account metrics, providing regular updates to both the customer and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Unlearn’s solutions and how they can solve customer problems.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an account management role, ideally within the technology industry
- Proven ability to manage large, complex accounts and develop positive, long-term customer relationships.
- Strong understanding of AI, machine learning, or a related field
- Deep understanding of clinical development strategies used by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies use to support commercialization of drug
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a knack for turning challenges into opportunities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to navigate large bureaucratic organizations effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience working with customers in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology sectors preferred.
You will thrive in this role if you
- Are gritty and excited by new challenges. You embrace challenges with enthusiasm and are willing to use iterative experimentation to guide data-driven decision making and overcome challenges.
- Are a problem solver even when a solution is unclear. You are happy to take on problems with unclear solutions and plan and execute to gather data that allows you to solve that problem.
- Are a people-person. You are energized by interacting with people and are an expert at building deep cooperative relationships.
- Believe in Mission > Company > Team > Self. You believe that achieving Unlearn’s mission is the north star and you are willing to adapt within your role and within the different teams you work in to help the company achieve that mission.
- Have a passion or deep curiosity about artificial intelligence and the positive impact technology can have on society.
$108,000 - $195,000 a year
This is base salary.
Our compensation packages are carefully designed by taking into consideration market trends, existing compensation structures, and availability of resources. In addition to the base salary, we offer annual performance bonuses and equity (stock options) so everyone can share in the upside when the company does well.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a suite of benefits and perks for our team members, including:
• Company-paid medical, dental, & vision insurance
• 401k plan with company matching
• Professional development budget for relevant conferences or workshops
• Equity education and tax advisory services
• Commuter benefits to help you get to our offices easily
• Home-office set up allowance of up to $800 for all new hires
• Flexible time off and an annual winter break (December 24 - January 1)
• Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer.
At Unlearn, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission. If you’re excited about this role, and your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply nevertheless.