Senior Frontend Engineer (Analytics)
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering /
Full-Time (Remote, Within the U.S.) /
With a vision to build a data-driven ecosystem that drives resources to impact, UpMetrics empowers organizations with the knowledge and the tools to accelerate the impact of their mission. Through platform and team, the mission-driven company empowers organizations to collect, analyze, and learn from data to gain insights, drive impact, and inspire change. UpMetrics combines a cutting-edge impact analytics and reporting platform with top-tier professional services to help partners define their narrative and create positive change.
Location: Remote, US-based
Reports to: Frontend Lead
At UpMetrics, we believe that data has the power to drive lasting and impactful social change. Our purpose-built impact measurement and management platform empowers mission-driven organizations to collect and analyze data in order to measure, improve, and report on their impact—and then tell an inspiring story, rooted in impressive numbers. By combining innovative technology, world-class services, and dynamic community-building and learning programs, we help organizations use data for good so that they can accelerate the impact of their mission.
We’re searching for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate is eager to apply their experience to new challenges and continues to learn while being a team player and good communicator. This role requires the ability to build highly functional, scalable, data-driven enterprise applications and the excitement to work in a high-velocity, agile startup environment. If you are serious about testing, have experience with automated testing frameworks, and are able to deliver as a member of a distributed engineering team, apply now!
- Develop and maintain web applications with a user-centric approach using Vue.js
- Work on data visualizations in our new platform
- Plan and develop reactive interfaces following industry best practices
- Write reusable code and create/maintain new components for future use
- Coordinate work with colleagues at the engineering management
- Provide thoughtful code reviews and technical insights to multiply team productivity
- You have 6+ years of frontend development experience using React, Angular, or Vue. (We use Vue.js)
- You have experience using data visualization libraries like D3 and can show us some examples of past work with it.
- You possess a strong sense of ownership and accountability for each project undertaken
- You are passionate about frontend development and stay on top of industry trends
- You have exceptional proficiency with CSS and you are someone that has a passion for crafting beautiful User Interfaces and User Experiences
- You have high code quality standards and a good knowledge of engineering best practices
- You have experience with Vue.js, Vuex or Pinia, Tailwind CSS
- You have experience working with GraphQL
- You have experience with source control (Git) and CI terminology and practices
- You are a strong proponent of the Don't Repeat Yourself (DRY) principle
- You are open-minded, confident, humble, self-managing, and a collaborative team player
- You are patient and consistent when mentoring or guiding team members
Our company values influence everything we do, from our work inside the office to how we choose our partners:
- Team First -- Collaboration is key. We support each other and respect each other’s strengths, varying backgrounds, and views. We value everyone’s input.
- Client-Focused -- Our work is personal. Many of us have direct experience working in the field and are deeply passionate about what we do. We take a partner approach with all our clients.
- Show Integrity -- We are open, honest, ethical, and fair. We expect integrity from the team internally and from the people we choose to partner with.
- Reflect and Improve -- We are a data company always looking to get better. We test often, iterate, and look closely at metrics to build capacity and inform decisions.
- Let's Go! -- To create positive change, we must never settle. In uncharted territory, we embrace challenges as opportunities, take ownership, and strive for excellence.
Compensation & Benefits
- $140K-$170K annual salary based on experience
- Equity incentive plan
- 70% employer-paid health insurance for employees and family
- Dental and vision insurance
- Fully paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Fully paid Short- and Long-term Disability insurance
- Unlimited time off policy, plus paid holidays and monthly Wellness Fridays
- Parental leave policy
- FSA plan, lifestyle spending account (LSA) for eligible professional development and wellness expenses, and Employee Assistance Program via The Hartford
- 401K plan
- Remote work equipment
- Annual company retreat and quarterly virtual company events
- Outstanding team and meaningful work
$140,000 - $170,000 a year
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women/other underrepresented individuals only apply when they meet 100% of them. We believe that people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities. If you think you have what it takes, possess transferable skills, and are quick to learn, but don’t necessarily satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification, we would love to hear from you!
UpMetrics is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UpMetrics will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org