Senior DevOps Engineer
Ursa Computing is an early-stage company creating high performance data access and in-memory computing tools based on Apache Arrow to accelerate enterprise data science. We are co-creators of Arrow and have been a driving force in the open source project over the last 5 years, particularly for its use in the C++, Python, and R programming ecosystems. We are building a world-class team to create systems that will have a profound impact on how people work with data.
We are searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer to lead the deployment, scaling, and operations of a new distributed computing application that will run on the major public cloud platforms. As a key early team member, you will be responsible for critical architectural decisions that will shape Ursa’s technology stack for years to come.
What you'll do
- Work with Ursa management and customers to understand system requirements.
- Design and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Provision and manage Kubernetes clusters on public cloud infrastructure.
- Maintain our collection of Docker images.
- Plan and implement internal application logging and monitoring/alerting tools.
- Oversee network and data security efforts.
- Diagnose and resolve application alerts and outages.
- Help design and maintain application auto-scaling.
Background and skills
- Resourceful and fast learning
- Expertise with Docker and other configuration management / devops tooling
- Strong communication skills
- Expert level Linux sysadmin skills
- Strong understanding of hardware, networking in the cloud
- Bonus: prior experience with Kubernetes