Venture Capital Intern (Remote)
Palo Alto /
Venture Capital Firms /
VC Lab (https://govclab.com) is transforming venture capital into a force for good in the world. We are working to launch 1,000 next-generation venture capital firms by 2025, changing the face of venture capital. We run the leading venture capital accelerator worldwide and operate the Decile Hub platform, reducing the barriers of entry for next generation investors to launch and grow meaningful early-stage investment firms.
We are recruiting Interns to help one or more multiple venture capital firms. You will regularly meet with general partners to assess needs, source the resources to address those needs and follow up to ensure delivery. Ideal candidates will have some knowledge of venture capital and a passion for startups.
Working in venture capital offers a fast paced environment with the opportunity to have a big impact. You will experience every facet of investing. The Internship is a unique opportunity to ramp up your experience in the fields of entrepreneurship and venture capital.
Remote candidates will be considered.
The Intern’s responsibilities include some or all of the following:
- Support the needs of general partners
- Assist with sourcing deals and social media
- Help evaluate investment opportunities
- Track and analyze investment data and metrics
- Develop models and reports on portfolio performance
- Review and edit communication with constituents
What You Have:
- Composition in high stress situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and intuition
- Proactive attitude to tackle any opportunity or challenge
- Skills to create logical solutions to complex problems
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature
- Strong phone and videoconferencing persona
What We Offer:
- Ability to help change the world
- Opportunity to work at one or more venture capital funds
- Experience in one of the hardest professional fields to break into
- Flexible remote work environment
How to Apply:
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Please submit a custom cover letter that describes why you are uniquely qualified for this position as Intern for venture capital firms.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.