Assistant to Head of Acceleration
Palo Alto /
VC Lab (https://govclab.com) is transforming venture capital into a force for good in the world. We are working to launch 1,000 next-generation venture capital firms by 2025, changing the face of venture capital. We run the leading venture capital accelerator worldwide, reducing the barriers of entry for next generation investors to launch and grow meaningful early-stage investment firms.
We are hiring an Executive Assistant to the Head of Acceleration. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented and a get-things-done type of person. The role will entail fast-based business assistance to optimize productivity and have a big impact. The business is growing quickly.
VC Lab provides a fast-paced startup environment, where everyone has the opportunity to help with everything. You will have an opportunity to experience every facet of venture capital. This is a unique opportunity to ramp up your experience in the fields of entrepreneurship, startups and venture capital.Remote candidates will be considered. Applicants for this role need to be based in the U.S., preferably in the Bay Area.
The Executive Assistant responsibilities will include:
- Heavy calendar management and assisting with schedules of partners and our clients
- Act as the point of contact for the Head of Acceleration for both internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee the Head of Acceleration’s calendar, ensuring accuracy and efficiency for appointments, which are usually 15 minutes long
- Maintaining files and databases
- Manage correspondence with other top executives and their support staff
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
- Working across multiple time zones
- Being on-call during key projects
- Run ad-hoc projects for the Head of Acceleration as required
What You Have:
- 4+ years of experience in C-level support in a start-up business
- Skills with G-Suite, Microsoft Office and Slack products (required)
- Strong phone and videoconferencing persona
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and intuition
- Composition in high stress situations
- Proactive attitude to tackle any opportunity or challenge
- Skills to create logical solutions to complex problems
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing business
- Experience in a startup environment
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
What We Offer:
- Ability to help change the world
- Vibrant work environment of passionate and capable peers
- Opportunities for personal growth and role expansion
- Perks of a fast-growing startup
- Flexible work environment
- How to Apply: Please submit a custom cover letter that describes why you are uniquely qualified for this position as Executive Assistant to the Head of Acceleration at VC Lab.
- Salary range from 39k-69k depending on experience
Please describe why you are uniquely qualified for this position as an Accelerator Associate in the competitive field of Venture Capital to apply, as well as submitting your resume.
Compensation commensurate with experience.