* Venture Partner (Remote)
Palo Alto /
Venture Capital Firms /
VC Lab (https://govclab.com) is transforming venture capital into a force for good in the world. We are working to launch 1,000 next-generation venture capital firms by 2025, changing the face of venture capital. We run the leading venture capital accelerator worldwide and operate the Decile Hub platform, reducing the barriers of entry for next generation investors to launch and grow meaningful early-stage investment firms.
We are recruiting Venture Partners to help one or more multiple venture capital firms. You will regularly meet with general partners to assess needs, source the resources to address those needs and follow up to ensure delivery. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and 5+ years experience with venture capital, including working with startups, finding limited partners, and helping portfolio companies grow.
Working in venture capital offers a fast paced environment with the opportunity to have a big impact. You will experience every facet of investing. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your extensive experience and background to earn carried interest in top new and emerging manager funds worldwide.
Remote candidates will be considered.
The Venture Partner responsibilities include some or all of the following:
- Attend startup and limited partner networking events
- Share news and announcements on social media
- Uncover new investment opportunities
- Participate in investment decisions
- Manage portfolio companies
- Advise portfolio companies on strategic matters
- Conduct portfolio reviews
- Offer operational support
- Assist in finding limited partners
- Provide back office support
- Assist with fund setup activities
What You Have:
- 6+ years of experience in a relevant domain
- Working knowledge of venture capital and startup investing
- Founder, VP or C-Level experiences
- Board level experiences
- Experience as an angel or venture investor
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing business
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive attitude to tackle any opportunity or challenge
What We Offer:
- Ability to help change the world
- Vibrant work environment of passionate and capable peers
- Opportunities for personal growth and role expansion
- Perks of a fast-growing startup
- Flexible remote work environment
How to Apply:
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Please describe why you are uniquely qualified for this position as a Venture Partner in the competitive field of Venture Capital to apply, as well as submitting your resume.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.