Ruby on Rails Engineer (Remote)
Palo Alto /
We are looking for a an experienced full stack Senior Ruby on Rails developer to join our team. Read more about the VC Lab tech team here: https://github.com/VCLab-Inc/Engineering
The ideal dev is self-motivated with real-world experience and there is no question in your mind that you could take an idea and turn it into a functional and usable product. You don’t need a fancy degree, a certain number of years of coding experience, or big tech experience -- but you do need to be a nice person and a good communicator.
- You'll be expected to complete a coding challenge as part of the interview process (everybody on the team has done well on it).
- You must live and work within a few time zones of Pacific (California) time. We are on zoom and slack a lot.
- You must be able to own a project and work directly with people who will use your tools.
If you're motivated to be more, and better, than you are today, if you're not afraid to work with proven, highly skilled people who will ask for your best, to advance a worthy cause, in a fast-paced environment, with a lot of growth opportunity -- then you're a good fit for VC Lab.
And we want to work with you too!
Who do you want to work with?
- The VC Lab tech team is fully remote
- We offer competitive salary + equity
- Our mission is to improve the world by increasing equality and diversity for startup funding
- We work with an open source tech stack, primarily Ruby on Rails
- Our leadership is deeply experienced, having been involved in multiple rocketship unicorn success stories.
- Mentorship to help you reach your potential
- Mentorship opportunities to help _others_ reach _their_ potential
- Silicon Valley scalability
What skills do you need? The soft stuff:
- You can take a project from idea to implementation without a lot of oversight
- You are a good communicator in both written and spoken English
- You have learned _a lot_ of lessons and solved _a lot_ of problems in your career
- You can work in the Pacific (California) time zone
- You aren't afraid of a fast paced environment where there is more to do than time to do it
- You are willing to complete a code challenge as part of the interview process
What skills do you need? The tech stuff:
- 3+ years of coding experience
- Ruby on Rails or another open source stack
- Tailwinds or another CSS library
- AWS or Google Cloud
$80,000 - $180,000 a year
Depends greatly on level of experience
About VC Lab
VC Lab is a well-funded silicon valley startup whose mission is to help launch 1,000 new venture funds all around the world, with a particular focus on diversity and sustainability. If you think that the ability for worldwide startups to raise capital is important to advance humanity's most important goals, then VC Lab might be a good fit for you.
Our Head of Technology and Product will schedule a 15-minute chat to make sure you're a real person, and assign a small test project. If you’re not comfortable doing a code challenge project, then you’re not a good fit.
We look forward to working with you!