Software Project Manager
Tallahassee, Florida /
Project Management /
Company Mission Statement
At VR Systems, our vision is an elections community that conducts successful elections, every time. To bring this vision into reality, we strive to provide the best products, services, and support to enable election officials to secure the public’s trust in democracy.
VR Systems, Inc is a 100% employee-owned business and our company culture is family-like. We are the leading voter registration and elections management company in Florida and have a growing market share in other states. We are a fast-growing company of 45 people, forming a closely knit team of software engineers and customer support technicians. The company has a reputation of providing effective software with a high level of customer service for elections administrators.
The Project Manager oversees schedules, budgets, resources, and project deliverables. Delivers business results by ensuring that project management best practices are being met. Monitors teams to make sure the project goals and objectives are being kept. Maintains knowledge of the larger landscape without neglecting granular details while tracking project health, staying alert for risk and resolving issues as they arise. Maintains standards and monitors project scope and quality requirements.
The Project Manager position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Works with key stakeholders to understand the business needs, and creates a project management plan that aligns with the company’s strategic objectives
- Creates project plans, project charters and project schedules
- Maintains project schedule and objectives
- Monitor’s production and quality to customer/stakeholder/sponsor standards
- Identifies, monitors, and resolves possible or real issues and risks
- Reports on project progress at executive and senior management levels, offers viable solutions and opportunities as they arise
- Creates and implements communications plan to establishes buy in from all stakeholders
- Implements change practices
- Manages cross-functional resources to make sure schedule is on track
- Leads meetings and sets expectations for project team
- Maintains and reports on budget
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years’ experience in software project management
- Demonstrable success in managing a multi-year software related project
- PMP certification required
- Knowledge of Agile and lean software development approaches such as Scrum
- Experience in Agile project management teams
- Proven leadership skills
- Expertise in conflict resolution
- Analytical and strong organizational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability
- Proficiency with project management software and related tools
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- This position is classified as exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The Project Manager will be based in our headquarters in Tallahassee, Florida. VR Systems is a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee is frequently required to sit for long period of times and must have the ability to lift 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Company paid vacation and sick time: Annually four weeks of paid leave and twelve paid holidays
- Company paid Employee Health care and Dental benefits
- Company paid Employee Long-term disability insurance
- Company paid Employee Life Insurance coverage
- Company match 401k plan
- In addition, VR Systems is a 100% employee-owned company (ESOP). As a member of our ESOP, you share in the success of our company through stock ownership.
Due to the requirement to travel to customers' sites, employees must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Florida Driver's license.