Head of Talent
US, Canada, New Zealand /
Vareto is reimagining how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using a web of spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. As a result, executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts end up debugging Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation planning and insights platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, and New Zealand) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders.
About the role
Vareto is growing fast! Hiring exceptional, thoughtful people is a top priority and we're incredibly excited to bring on a Head of Talent to lead this effort. In this role, you'll work closely with the founders and other company leaders to define hiring objectives and strategy. You'll develop effective and scalable recruiting processes, automate as much as possible, and manage external partnerships. Most importantly, you'll spend time speaking with some incredible folks from different geographies and backgrounds about their career goals and help them determine which role at Vareto (or externally) is right for them.
To succeed in this role, you'll need to have a bias towards action, the ability to think outside the box when it comes to sourcing, and expert story-telling skills. Above all else, you need to care deeply about people and have a genuine desire to understand them and see them succeed.
What you'll do
- Scale the Vareto team quickly and thoughtfully
- Lead innovative sourcing strategies to attract top talent
- Ensure outstanding candidate experience across all parts of the funnel
- Partner with the founders and hiring managers to determine recruiting priorities and strategy
- Design, implement and maintain scalable processes and systems for recruiting
- Identify and develop relevant metrics to track recruiting progress and help make it better
- Manage partnerships with recruiting agencies and contingent hiring services
- Build the company you want to work at
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of recruiting experience including direct experience sourcing and recruiting for engineering and non-technical functions
- Proven ability to use data to optimize the recruiting processes, develop innovative strategies, and increase applicant pipelines
- Demonstrated history of achieving and exceeding recruiting objectives
- Ability to influence and close candidates in a personalized, genuine way
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strongly preferred: experience managing agencies and other recruiting services
What's different about this role?
- We view this as one of the most important roles in the company. A company is nothing without its people. Vareto's success will be a direct result of your work.
- This startup leadership role is perfect for those who want to leverage existing skills while also being stretched and learning new things each day. You'll do everything from day-to-day recruiting execution to partnering with founders on company planning, growth scenarios, comp philosophy, geography expansion, third-party partnerships, and more.
- We treat candidates like people. You'll be empowered to genuinely listen and help them figure out what's best for their careers. No blind selling, exploding offers, or false promises. People who join Vareto know exactly what they're getting and they're excited about it!
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.