US, Canada, New Zealand /
Vareto is reimagining how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using a web of spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. As a result, executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts end up debugging Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation planning and insights platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, and New Zealand) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders.
About the role
Vareto is a design-centric company and we firmly believe that developing a great user experience will be critical to our success. As an early member of our company and the design lead you’ll own all of Design at Vareto and play a critical role in shaping our product, brand, and company. You’ll conduct research with customers, contribute to product strategy, lead the design of complex products, and develop our design system. You’ll also work hand-in-hand with our product and engineering teams and have access to mentorship from our network of product and design leaders.
What you'll do
- Lead product design for all of our products, from conception through launch
- Develop and own our design system and design processes
- Lead research to understand and advocate for our users
- Partner with product to develop our product strategy and shape our roadmap
- Partner with engineering to balance quality and quickness
- Evolve our brand and visual identity
- Help build the company you want to work at
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Designer
- Strong UX design and prototyping skills
- Passionate about craft with strong visual design sensibilities
- Experience shipping projects end-to-end from concept to implementation to iteration
- Experience using user research to inform product decisions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.