US, Canada, New Zealand /
Data & Analytics /
Vareto is reimagining how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using a web of spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. As a result, executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts end up debugging Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation planning and insights platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, and New Zealand) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders.
About the role
Data is central to Vareto's mission. As an early member of the Analytics team, you will pioneer how we approach both internal and external data analysis. You'll spend most of your time exploring new datasets and sharing insights and recommendations. You'll also help automate common analyses and bake high-leverage insights into our product. Your work will directly impact our customers, our internal roadmap, and our company culture.
The ideal candidate will be excited about joining an early-stage company, building from scratch, and leveraging data to inform decision-making.
What you'll do
- Tell stories using data both internally to Vareto teams and externally to our customers
- Do exploratory analysis of new datasets to provide clear insights into business drivers, opportunities and risks
- Identify commonalities across analysis results and automate processes where it makes sense
- Recommend new product features to better track business growth for our executive customers and enable actionable recommendations
- Partner with leadership teams to help develop KPIs, create accountability against agreed goals, and implement methods to measure success
What we look for
- 2+ years of experience doing analytics
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or equivalent experience
- Expert at SQL, including complex queries
- Experience manipulating data sets using spreadsheets, Python, R, SAS, or other methods
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use data to tell stories
- Strongly preferred: experience presenting analysis results to leadership teams to influence strategy
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.