US, Canada, Europe /
Vareto is reimagining how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using a web of spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. As a result, executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts end up debugging Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation planning and insights platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, and Europe) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders.
About the role
As our first dedicated QA hire, you will play a critical role in shaping Vareto's culture and ensuring we deliver a high quality, delightful experience to our customers. You'll do everything from defining test processes and roadmaps to establishing the QA function and how QA engineers partner with the rest of the company. The ideal candidate will be excited about joining an early-stage company, helping develop large new features from scratch, and having a major impact on both our team and our customers.
What you'll do
- Design and implement all aspects of Vareto's quality assurance processes.
- Build and manage the QA team covering both FTEs and external contractors.
- Establish best practices and work closely with all stakeholders across the company to ensure quality of Vareto's product.
- Create processes, mechanisms, and tools that shape the product delivery.
- Define metrics for product quality. Measure and report on these metrics.
- Build the company you want to work at.
What we look for
- Experience in developing test automation and managing manual testing
- Black box, grey box and white box testing
- Experience with service oriented architectures and open source software stacks
- Experience with automation frameworks
- 10+ years of hands-on testing experience
- 5+ years of experience as a manager of a quality assurance team
- Experience writing test plans, test strategies, test cases, and effectively use them to organize testing process.
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.