Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
US, Canada, Europe /
Vareto is reimagining how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using a web of spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. As a result, executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts end up debugging Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation planning and insights platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, and Europe) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders.
About the role
As our first Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will play a critical role in laying the foundation for Vareto's tech stack. You'll own all aspects of engineering infrastructure including our prod/staging/test environments, cloud formation, CI/CD, security & compliance, and more.
What you'll do
- Manage, improve and extend Vareto's cloud production, DevOps, security and disaster recovery infrastructure.
- Establish patterns and architecture for Vareto cloud infrastructure to support existing product and upcoming releases.
- Participate in product design by representing how infrastructure requirements, roadmap, and constraints impact implementation of new features.
- Provide input and directly participate in critical architecture design decisions.
- Build and maintain new infrastructure systems using industry best practices.
- Own operation infrastructure security and compliance.
- Build the company you want to work at.
What we look for
- Deep knowledge of and experience with AWS cloud infrastructure. Experience with GCP or Azure is a plus.
- Experience assisting in the creation, building and support of infrastructure solutions for all phases of cloud software development in DevOps environment.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with cloud security, IAM and compliance. Experience with SOC2 compliance is a plus.
- Experience with cloud formation toolsets (Terraform, Vault, Packer)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with workflow automation (Airflow)
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
- Strong sysadmin skills administering and provisioning Linux in the cloud.
- Experience working with containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL databases and managing them in the cloud is a plus.
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.