US, Canada, New Zealand /
Vareto is reimagining how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using a web of spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. As a result, executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts end up debugging Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation planning and insights platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, and New Zealand) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders.
About the role
As an early member of the Data Platform team, you will play a critical role in developing Vareto's data stack and building the foundation of the company. You will help build and test the data pipelines and data collection processes powering Vareto's platform. Your work will enable our product to scale while maintaining high performance and usability. The ideal candidate will be excited about joining an early-stage company, building from scratch, and having a major impact on both our team and our customers.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines
- Build out new API integrations to support increases in data volume and complexity
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality
- Ensure production data is always accurate and available for our customers
- Collaborate with the product team to improve data models
- Create a culture of data-informed decision-making
- Write unit/integration tests for reliability and performance
- Balance agility with quality, performance, and maintainability
- Shape the product roadmap and guide feature prioritization
- Build the company you want to work at
What we look for
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer or similar role
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with modern batch & real-time data processing technologies
- Experience with developing and testing data architectures to support analytics & ML needs
- Skilled in SQL and at least one high-level programming language (e.g. Python, Java)
- Passionate about understanding data and its relevance to business decisions
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.