Chief of Staff
US, Canada, New Zealand /
Vareto is reimagining how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using a web of spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. As a result, executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts end up debugging Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation planning and insights platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, and New Zealand) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders.
About the role
Vareto is growing fast! We're looking to bring on a Chief of Staff who can help the founders and company scale. This is a fantastic role for anyone who is entrepreneurial and likes tackling a new challenge each day.
In this role, you'll work closely with the founders to drive key initiatives across all aspects of the business. You'll help us optimize our hiring strategy and processes, run our company all hands and offsites, put together board decks and investor updates, and much more. This role is many-dimensional and will also change rapidly as the company grows.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the founders on strategic initiatives
- Oversee daily operations and key events such as team socials, offsites, and customer community events
- Keep both internal and external stakeholders informed on company progress (e.g. Weekly All Hands agenda and board decks)
- Design, implement and maintain scalable processes across multiple functions
- Manage all external partnerships with vendors, agencies, and consultants
- Build the company you want to work at
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years in a consulting, business, or customer-facing role
- Demonstrated history of setting, achieving, and exceeding objectives
- Expert-level project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use data effectively to inform decision-making
- Bonus: experience with data analysis
- Bonus: experience managing outside vendors and negotiating contracts
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.