Software Engineer, Fullstack
US, Canada, New Zealand /
Vareto is reimagining how companies evaluate the past and plan for the future. Today, companies make their most important decisions using a web of spreadsheets, presentations, legacy tools, and countless meetings and emails. As a result, executives make decisions with limited data, teams waste time aligning on metric definitions instead of collaborating, and analysts end up debugging Excel files instead of generating insights.
Vareto is building a next-generation planning and insights platform that changes all of that. Our product helps companies standardize their business data, derive and share insights, and build connected cloud-based financial plans - all so companies can make better, faster decisions.
We’re a remote-first team (hiring in the US, Canada, and New Zealand) and we’re backed by top investors and industry leaders.
About the role
As an early member of the engineering team, you will play a critical role in developing the product and building the foundation of the company. This includes everything from architecture to coding to testing and launching the initial product. The ideal candidate will be excited about joining an early-stage company, building from scratch, and having a major impact on both the engineering team and the overall business.
What you'll do
- Help select technologies and define the strategic direction for our system architecture
- Partner with other engineers and designers to create fast and beautiful end-to-end user experiences
- Balance agility with quality, performance, and maintainability
- Create reusable code and libraries for future use
- Shape product strategy and guide feature prioritization
- Build the company you want to work at
What we look for
- Experience using cloud-based open source tools in Linux/Unix environments (AWS is a plus)
- Strong CS fundamentals with a track record of writing production-quality code in a high level programming language (e.g. Python)
- Experience architecting, building, launching, and maintaining high-impact technical systems (entire software development lifecycle)
- Excellent product/design sense and attention to detail
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent technical experience
- Experience working with SSO and web authentication is a plus
- Experience with data retrieval (connecting to web APIs) or AI/ML is a plus
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. We look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.