Los Angeles, California /
Vast is looking for someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to drive their own projects to completion. You must have the passion, tenacity, and resolve to work through challenging issues unique to precision-machined hardware. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast-paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with multidisciplinary groups.
- Programming and operating multi axis machines (2-axis, 3-axis, 5-axis, mill/turn)
- Programming and operating DMG-MORI machines (MV series)
- Optimizing programs and posting code using Esprit or similar CAM software
- Experience running lights-out production before
- Programming and operating Flow Waterjet (Mach500)
- Degree in engineering or related technical field and 7+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in CNC machining
- Strong knowledge of GD&T tolerance stack-up
- Ability to program and operate multi-axis high-precision machines (5-axis, 3-axis lathe, mill/turn)
- Ability to manually edit G-code paths/settings to optimize production programs
- Ability to perform basic machine maintenance such as oil and coolant refill, including cleaning and sharpening
- Ability to train operators how to set up and run machines
- Experience machining aluminum, stainless steel, Inconel and similar metals
- Experience transitioning parts from first article to production
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience machining 3D-printed parts
- Experience in a startup or agile development department
- Experience working in a flight development program
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand work instructions
Vast was founded to expand humanity's frontier into the solar system and beyond. We believe that the next step on that journey is enabling manufacturing and habitation in LEO. We are building artificial gravity space stations to make this a reality. If you want to join a team that builds amazing things with the most talented people on Earth, please reach out.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Vast is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Vast is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.