vay·duh; feminine, strong-willed (German); of knowledge & wisdom (Sanskrit)
Vayda is a technology and services company accelerating the agricultural transition to regenerative farming systems. Vayda serves the rapidly growing community of non-operating farmland owners and their growers, helping them build the financial and physical resilience of their farms amid a changing climate, and helping growers and landowners maximize return on investment in climate-positive practices.
Vayda works from the ground up, using its own farmed acres and technology to develop field-tested best practices for farm-scale regenerative transitions that can be customized to every operation’s unique context. As such, Vayda paves a transition path that protects a growers’ yield and grows their profitability throughout the conversion to regenerative practices, while collecting ground-truth data on environmental outcomes that is increasingly valuable to supply chains and ecosystem services markets.
Vayda is a US Public Benefit Corporation backed by the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan and other experienced sector investors.
Join us if you:
- Believe in our purpose and mission
- Love building things from the ground up, and getting your hands dirty
- Are looking to make an impact and create a culture in our small but growing team
Our Growth role.
As our first Growth hire and leader, you will build awareness for our mission-focused brand, in addition to designing and executing our product and go-to-market strategy and tactics, reporting directly to the COO, and working closely with others on the Vayda team across farm operations, tech, and agronomy. Think of a B2B growth and product marketing role with a heavy content and thought leadership marketing component.
Specifically, you will:
- Co-craft our brand and product marketing strategy and partner in development of GTM strategy and tactics alongside COO and CEO
- Develop our marketing content plan spanning company blog, social, web, and partners properties; utilizing various formats in text, audio, and video that are optimized for the selected medium, to drive interest in Vayda and build a high quality contact base
- Develop a pipeline of qualified leads across the institutional investor landscape and a qualified group of participating farmers
- Inform creation of B2B sales collateral to ensure consistent and compelling messaging across all touchpoints in the customer journey
- Consult on creation of lead capture and pipeline conversion processes to ensure effectiveness of growth marketing activities
- Perform research and content capture across farms and regenerative partners to expand industry credibility and convey thought leadership and relevance
- Execute owned content development of content plan, in accordance with brand guidelines and with the support of internal and external experts. Includes copywriting and structured references on agriculture, science, and environmental subject matter.
- Engage audiences following around big moments, positioning Vayda at the center of the conversation
- Work in partnership with agency partners to drive development of key collateral and messaging
- Support earned media initiatives, in direct partnership with other organizations or with agency support
You should have:
- High quality leadership experience in product and/or growth marketing
- Passion for building, particularly in startup contexts, and strong ability to handle ambiguity and change
- Affinity for technology, in general and specifically in relation to growth marketing tools and tech
- Experience with content-focused B2B marketing, growth, sales funnel building
- Deep interest in and curiosity for regenerative agriculture and the environment
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills to distill complex information into simple and concise summaries
- Experience in B2B industry / agriculture / technology is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
It would be excellent if you:
- Are experienced with agricultural services, products, or technologies
- Are mission-driven, especially when it comes to social and environmental outcomes
- Have a growth mindset, not only when it comes to business, but your own journey
- Are creative in the way to approach and solve problems
- Continue to push the envelope, thing big, and inspire passion in others
- Are naturally curious and passionate about your work
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.