Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA /
Verse.io is the leading AI-powered Lead Conversion Platform that bridges the gap between sales and marketing for some of the top industry leading companies across the country. Verse helps companies engage, nurture, qualify, and convert cold internet leads into high intent sales opportunities. Verse is a fast growing, venture backed SaaS startup, experiencing some of the most explosive growth in our company’s history, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to help us pour fuel on the fire and help move further upstream and into new and exciting industries where Verse wants to make a splash. If creating, growing, and having fun while doing it sounds like your jam, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Participate in the product development process with an open and curious team
- Work cross-collaboratively with product managers and designers to improve and determine product scope and design
- Develop modern APIs that integrate with app clients and server backends
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions
- Contribute to our evolving conversational AI platform
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Minimum 5 years of software engineering experience required
- Understanding of modem web programming (REST APIs, SQL Databases, CD/CI, testing, messaging brokers, etc.) required
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language and object-oriented programming required
- Expertise in lead conversion platforms a plus
- Strong knowledge of software engineering design patterns and best practices in modern production system
- Full stack software engineering tools: testers, linters, package management, continuous integration
- Knowledge of machine learning principles
- Deep knowledge of Amazon Web Services (S3 SQS, SNS, SES, SFN, RDS, EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.)
- Interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to implementing business logic and optimizing database transactions
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability
- Familiarity building scalable, distributed systems
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strategic agility, strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems
- Team player who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, solution-focused and takes ownership of their work
- Manage time well and routinely prioritize tasks by their intended impact
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
WHAT WE OFFER
- Remote-first work environment
- Employer subsidized comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 11 paid company holidays and a self-managed vacation policy
- Stock options for all employees
- 401k account
- Company provided computer and a monthly tech stipend
- Company matched volunteering days at organizations of your choice
- Culture and DEI initiatives, including events & peer recognition programs
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. This opportunity is not available, however, to residents in the states of Montana and Colorado. We do not offer Visa assistance or sponsorship for this role. This is a fully remote position and there is no relocation assistance. You must also reside in the United States.
We use tools like speaking to references to gain a more full-bodied, in-depth picture of the person we’re looking to hire. By submitting your application, you are giving your permission that Verse.io may conduct back-channel references using professional social media (e.g. LinkedIn) and common connections. We commit to not contacting any of your current work colleagues and will adhere to all legal requirements regarding salary and protected class information.
Verse.io is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Verse.io will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People & Culture Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are Verse and we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. All candidates for hire, promotion, and performance are evaluated on the basis of merit alone.