Call Center Representative (Temp-to-Hire)
San Diego, CA /
Verse.io is the leading AI-powered Lead Conversion Platform that bridges the gap between sales and marketing for some of the top industry leading companies across the country. Verse helps companies engage, nurture, qualify, and convert cold internet leads into high intent sales opportunities. Verse is a fast growing, venture backed SaaS startup, experiencing some of the most explosive growth in our company’s history, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to help us pour fuel on the fire and help move further upstream and into new and exciting industries where Verse wants to make a splash. If creating, growing, and having fun while doing it sounds like your jam, we want to hear from you!
This is a remote temp-to-hire position with an assigned schedule that includes evenings, weekend, and holiday shifts. The next hiring class is set for Friday, October 15th and will require strict attendance during trainings held from October 18-29th. Please do not apply if you are unable to attend required trainings held on the week of October 18th and October 25th.
The Call Center Representative will strive to deliver excellence in all conversations by connecting with leads to qualify or un-qualify them for our customers by engaging customer through SMS, email, and inbound/outbound phone calls. We ensure every lead we engage with is helped in a timely manner, while discussing their interests, over their preferred channel of choice. Conversations are handled with empathy, positivity, and a willingness to meet all their needs. Leads are connected with our customers when they’re available for live transfers or through our call connect system. This position requires extensive computer and phone experience as well as a thoughtful approach to lead engagement.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Quickly input leads responses, notes, and disposition statuses into the assigned incoming lead profiles
- Utilize systems to gather and confirm information prompted by incoming SMS/email/calls
- Provide exceptional customer service, active listening, verbal and written communication skills while working independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment
- Review and comprehend previous "Lead to Concierge" interactions to continue the conversation to determine a qualified or unqualified lead
- Coordinate and confirm incoming leads that inquire about national services provided by our clients
- Accurately document all conversations according to standard operating procedures in our console
- Thoroughly follow client and department standards and system procedures
- Display a team-minded attitude with the ability to adapt and embrace change to fit business needs
- Thrive in an ever growing and ever-changing environment
- Be measured by your: 1) speed and time to complete distributed work, 2) live transfer opportunity percentage, along with important competencies to deliver customer satisfaction and teamwork
WHAT YOU BRING
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience working in a contact center required; remote contact center experience is a plus
- Previous CRM experience with at least 50 WPM typing speed required
- Minimum internet speed of 25 MBPS is required
- A dedicated workspace free of distractions is required
- Ability to maintain 100% strict adherence to the assigned schedule required
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work full-time (32-40 hours per week) with occasional overtime as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to accuracy and grammar
- Strong ability to overcome objections, de-escalate negative responses and be genuinely empathetic while in conversation with leads
- Ability to work in a remote environment where you must sit, reach, communicate (verbally and electronically), type, read, multitask, and concentrate for extended periods of time
- Self-organization, time management skills, ability to work with co-workers remotely, and a team-centric positive attitude
WHAT WE OFFER DURING (EST. 3-4 MONTHS) TEMP PERIOD
- Remote-first work environment
- Company provided computer
- Monthly tech stipend
- Opportunities for advancement
WHAT WE OFFER AFTER CONVERSION TO FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE
- Immediate pay increase
- Remote-first work environment
- Employer subsidized comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 2 weeks of PTO and 5 sick days
- Double-pay for all holidays worked
- Stock options for all employees
- 401k account
- Company provided computer and a monthly tech stipend
- Company matched volunteering days at organizations of your choice
- Culture and DEI initiatives, including events & peer recognition programs
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. This opportunity is not available, however, to residents in the states of Montana and Colorado. We do not offer Visa assistance or sponsorship for this role. This is a fully remote position and there is no relocation assistance. You must also reside in the United States.
We use tools like speaking to references to gain a more full-bodied, in-depth picture of the person we’re looking to hire. By submitting your application, you are giving your permission that Verse.io may conduct back-channel references using professional social media (e.g. LinkedIn) and common connections. We commit to not contacting any of your current work colleagues and will adhere to all legal requirements regarding salary and protected class information.
Verse.io is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Verse.io will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People & Culture Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are Verse and we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. All candidates for hire, promotion, and performance are evaluated on the basis of merit alone.