Director of Business Development, Home Services
San Diego, CA /
Business Development /
Verse.io is the leading AI-powered Lead Conversion Platform that bridges the gap between sales and marketing for some of the top industry leading companies across the country. Verse helps companies engage, nurture, qualify, and convert cold internet leads into high intent sales opportunities. Verse is a fast growing, venture backed SaaS startup, experiencing some of the most explosive growth in our company’s history, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to help us pour fuel on the fire and help move further upstream and into new and exciting industries where Verse wants to make a splash. If creating, growing, and having fun while doing it sounds like your jam, we want to hear from you!
The Director of Business Development, Home Services is responsible for the development, implementation, and growth of new partnerships and alliances in key strategic areas within the home services industry, as well as direct sales to select enterprise clients. The business development team works independently from the sales team. The business development team is responsible for accelerating revenue growth and fortifying the company’s competitive position in core industries. The Director of Business Development will report to the Head of Business Development and will not manage any direct reports.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Identify, develop, and grow new partnerships, strategic alliances, and enterprise customers aligned with company strategy in the home services sector
- Build and develop successful partner and customer relationships via a consultative sales process and proactive partnership management
- Effectively communicate a full understanding of our solutions offerings and services
- Create an established system for managing client contacts, prospecting leads, setting follow-up calls, and managing strategic communications
- Craft compelling proposals and manage the execution of contracts
- Create solid sales forecast using accurate reporting & analytics (pipeline strategy)
- Develop an effective teleprospecting and strategic sales plan in a virtual world
- Document company and opportunity information in our CRM database and maintain detailed notes of activities and progress through the sales cycle
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required
- Minimum 6 years of business development or sales experience in the home services industry required - home services is defined as HVAC, roofing, windows, remodeling, solar and other types of home improvement sectors and contractor types
- Industry knowledge, experience, and existing contacts in home services required
- Must have demonstrable experience closing enterprise sales and partnership agreements
- Familiarity with tech/tools for prospecting/outreach, including Salesforce required
- Understanding of lead generation dynamics preferred
- Previous experience working at high-growth tech startup environments a plus
- Experience selling to C-level executives and engaging multiple stakeholders
- Excellent strategic thinking skills with demonstrated ability to successfully create and implement both short-term and long-term plans to support the department and business needs
- Ability to effectively engage and influence internal and external leaders, solicit information, persuade others and shape outcomes
- Strategic agility, strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems
- Must be highly resourceful and adaptable to effectively support multiple competing demands and changing priorities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences
- Team player - you will collaborate with sales, marketing, product, and the executive team
- Required travel up to 25% (when Covid restrictions are lifted)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Remote-first work environment
- Employer subsidized comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 11 paid company holidays and a self-managed vacation policy
- Stock options for all employees
- 401k account
- Company provided computer and a monthly tech stipend
- Company matched volunteering days at organizations of your choice
- Culture and DEI initiatives, including events & peer recognition programs
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. This opportunity is not available, however, to residents in the states of Montana and Colorado. We do not offer Visa assistance or sponsorship for this role. This is a fully remote position and there is no relocation assistance. You must also reside in the United States.
We use tools like speaking to references to gain a more full-bodied, in-depth picture of the person we’re looking to hire. By submitting your application, you are giving your permission that Verse.io may conduct back-channel references using professional social media (e.g. LinkedIn) and common connections. We commit to not contacting any of your current work colleagues and will adhere to all legal requirements regarding salary and protected class information.
Verse.io is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Verse.io will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People & Culture Manager at email@example.com.
We are Verse and we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. All candidates for hire, promotion, and performance are evaluated on the basis of merit alone.