Director, Product Management (Remote)
San Diego, CA /
Engineering – Product /
Verse.io is the leading AI-powered lead conversion platform that bridges the gap between sales and marketing for some of the top industry leading companies across the country. Verse helps companies engage, nurture, qualify, and convert cold internet leads into high intent sales opportunities. Verse is a fast growing, venture backed SaaS startup, experiencing some of the most explosive growth in our company’s history, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to help us pour fuel on the fire and help move further upstream and into new and exciting industries where Verse wants to make a splash. If you love what you do, take ownership, bring solutions, get shit done, and stay humble, we want to hear from you!
The Director, Product Management is accountable for product team initiatives, covering end-to-end design including user research, interviews, competitive research, conceptual planning for features and product ideas, wireframing, design, and prototyping. The Director, Product Management will be the key representative of product during conferences, client-facing webinars, and will represent major releases for our client facing products. The Director, Product Management will oversee and ensure that the functions of all direct reports are efficiently and effectively executed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with CEO and VP of Engineering to create, assess, and update a clear product vision and strategy
- Track performance of launched products, gathering stakeholder feedback and analyzing metrics to identify product refinements
- Provide technical leadership for requirements gathering, implementation, testing, and delivery
- Develop, define, oversee the product’s roadmap and manage it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables of business
- Define and follow product development best practices and processes in close partnership with the VP of Engineering as the team assesses new opportunities, evaluates growth options, and addresses roadblocks
- Conduct relevant product research, establish competitive intelligence and various market analyses that helps the business in understanding current and future product needs
- Manage the product department budget
- Assist product team with sprints from ideation through deployment identifying client need, designing and validating concepts, developing epics and user stories
- Lead, manage, and hold the product team accountable, using our company operating system of accountability and meeting structures
- Work with the engineering team to check for viability and feasibility, negotiate compromises or alternatives and interact on products using feedback and analytics
- Mentor and level up product management and project management team members to ensure maximum team output
- Liaise with company leaders to translate product needs into requirements and drive consensus to achieve product goals and company objectives
- Collaborate to lead to clear and efficient product road mapping, product planning, prioritization, overall agile product development process, and communicate key decisions and status updates
- Work with the marketing department to develop marketing and sales strategies that highlight the features and use cases of company product
- Engage extensively with consumers in order to gain first hand insight on the consumers’ and market feedback on the business’s product
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Economics or related field required
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in product management required
- Proven experience delivering products following SDLC guidelines required
- Proven track record in product planning, defining and launching successful products, unifying product portfolios, and working with SaaS product lines required
- Ability to use technical expertise to devise custom solutions and ideas that can be communicated to and implemented by development team required
- Showcases the entire product suite of Verse.io and represents the company’s quality of work with stakeholders, trade shows, webinars, etc.
- Experience in thought leadership preferred
- Excellent strategic thinking skills with demonstrated ability to successfully create and implement both short-term and long-term plans to support the department and business needs
- Results-driven and capable of managing competing high-priority assignments with a proven track record of achieving deliverables within specified timelines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage projects, resources, timelines, and budgets
- Ability to effectively engage and influence internal and external leaders, solicit information, persuade others and shape outcomes
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences
WHAT WE OFFER
- Remote-first work environment
- Employer subsidized comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 11 paid company holidays and a self-managed vacation policy
- Stock options for all employees
- 401k program + company match
- Paid parental leave
- Employer subsidized monthly ClassPass membership
- Company provided computer and a monthly tech stipend
- Company matched volunteering days at organizations of your choice
- Culture and DEI initiatives, including events & peer recognition programs
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. This opportunity is not available, however, to residents in the states of Montana and Colorado. We do not offer Visa assistance or sponsorship for this role. This is a fully remote position and there is no relocation assistance. You must also reside in the United States.
We use tools like speaking to references to gain a more full-bodied, in-depth picture of the person we’re looking to hire. By submitting your application, you are giving your permission that Verse.io may conduct back-channel references using professional social media (e.g. LinkedIn) and common connections. We commit to not contacting any of your current work colleagues and will adhere to all legal requirements regarding salary and protected class information.
Verse.io is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Verse.io will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People & Culture Manager at email@example.com.
We are Verse and we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. All candidates for hire, promotion, and performance are evaluated on the basis of merit alone.