Business Operations Associate
Who We Are
Vial's vision is to empower scientists to cure all human disease. Vial was founded on a mission to
reimagine clinical trials and deliver faster and more efficient trials for sponsors. Through our end to end technology platform, we are delivering on a generational opportunity to make trials radically more efficient.
Vial’s co-founders (Simon Burns and Andrew Brackin) were early team members at $1B+ startups Robinhood, Opendoor and Newfront. Our early team is made up of experienced technology and operations leaders from Apple, Google, Microsoft, Faire, Chime and other leading technology companies.
Vial was founded in Oct 2020 and has grown the team to over 100 across the business. Come join us on our adventure to reimagine clinical trials.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Business Operations Associate. In this role, you will lead multiple BizOps projects at Vial, including helping to set and execute firm level strategy. You will report directly to the Office of the CEO, engage closely with the executive team and have significant autonomy in leading BizOps projects.
- Lead key strategic and operational tasks for Vial including core clinical ops, M&A, and investor relations
- Manage end-to-end projects with input from key stakeholders, including clinical research coordinators, doctors, and Vial internal members
- Contribute as a thought partner helping set firm direction, brainstorming and collecting thoughts across the org
What You'll Bring
- 1-3 years of experience in Finance and/or Operations and/or Strategy and/or Analytics
- Experience in Consulting, Investment Banking, or previous BizOps roles preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset, experience in startup environment preferred a plus
- Deeply analytical, systems thinker, focused on finding scalable solutions
The annual base salary is $85,000 - $115,000, based on a local (San Francisco) hire. Final offer amount will depend on education, skills, experience, and location.
Why You’ll Love Working At Vial
We are innately curious. We found our calling in clinical trials after learning the pain points directly. It is our curiosity that propels us to keep building, finding new challenges, and fulfilling our vision of reimagining clinical trials.
We believe in autonomy. Team members do their best work when given autonomy. In order to make an impact on the scale of the Vial vision, we built our culture to enable each Vial team member to feel ownership of their domain.
We take pride in building mastery. We believe in building master in a craft. Craftsmanship, a pride in one’s craft, is key to prolonged engagement on a difficult challenge. Vial’s culture is one of highly autonomous, deeply focused experts working on an immensely hard problem together.
Our strength is moving fast and staying humble. We believe that if we build a team that is intellectually honest, that we stay nimble and keep an open mind to all solutions - we’ll be adaptive and solve the problems that face us at every turn.
Competitive Equity Compensation
Health, Dental, and Vision
Paid Parental Leave