Senior Product Manager
Product & Engineering /
About the Company:
It’s never been more challenging for shippers to simply know where their ocean freight is, when it will arrive, and why it was delayed. At VIZION API, we automatically push the most complete, standardized, and detailed container tracking events to any software system or spreadsheet, so shippers get end-to-end visibility into the freight that drives their business. Our mission is to enhance and optimize world trade by making data more accessible and building tools that empower digital transformation. Vizion’s goal is to be the world's leader in delivering the highest quality data in the easiest-to-use formats to the international freight industry.
Our Company Values and Culture:
Simple Honesty, Be a Teacher and Long-Term Thinking are the values that guide our decision making and are our uncompromising core principles. Vizion is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse team focused on fostering a culture of Communication, Innovation and High-Performance.
How You Fit In & the Details:
As a Senior Product Manager you will play a critical role in managing and growing our API products, ensuring API design meets customer needs, applying governance and guidelines, managing roadmaps and cultivating a developer experience that will delight our customers. You will be expected to implement effective inbound and outbound automation solutions, engage with Vizion partners and customers to understand their workflows, work with other PMs to build supporting APIs and deliver world class integrations for Vizion’s platform. In addition, this role will develop, lead, and scale a high-performing Product team that will support our product roadmap and customer’s needs. You will work closely with customers to understand their needs and pain points and prioritize and sequence feature development and releases leading to significant and tangible business value. This role will work to turn ideas into real products that and have the proven ability to creatively lead the development and support of core systems that power mission critical business processes in shipping and logistics.
This role reports to the CTO and will partner and collaborate with a broad set of stakeholders in Vizion’s technology solution, but specifically with operations, customer experience, and engineering to ensure the delivery of innovative, high-performance API solutions to support our business operations and rapid growth. In addition to the above, you will:
● Demonstrate clear understanding of how key personas and workflows map across major verticals
● Formulate and promote our API, automation, and workflow strategy to internal and external stakeholders
● Design specifications and prioritize requirements to develop highly leveraged APIs needed for building the automation solution
● Collaborate with engineering to build key automation & integration workflows
● Deeply understand the developer persona and ensure API products are easy to implement, well documented and designed to our high standards through a developer platform
● Deep engagement and consultation with various business teams to understand current and future needs for product enhancements
● Understand the customer, market, and technology drivers for Vizion’s business
● Propose innovative solutions based on API products to introduce, enhance, and automate key processes and use cases
● Develop supporting product plans and requirements by gathering feedback, collaborating with key planning stakeholders, including leadership, writing requirements documents, and managing the feature backlog
● Develop API product and enhancement roadmap for short and long-range product plans based on customer feedback
● Champion the product's roadmap with key stakeholders and engineering teams
● Partner with marketing and sales team to support, design, and influence partner integration flows on the front end and back end
● Manage internal and external resources to ensure completion of projects
● Drive a culture of measurement and continuous improvement for both business and customer value delivered, develop KPIs, and monitor progress continuously, actively reporting on milestones and deliverables
● Own all API documentation UX including documents for developer support, security, sales, sales training, marketing (with support from engineering and partner relations)
● Collaborate with cross-functional project teams to ensure the successful delivery of fully operational products and deliver accompanying user documentation and training
● Track product performance and use to inform product management.
● 7+ years of product management experience with a minimum of 5 years of API product management experience.
● Experience building APIs for SaaS products and evolving those products into platforms
● Experience building integrations into CRMs like HubSpot, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, ServiceNow, Zendesk and other integration platforms
● Experience creating technical product and design documents
● Prior startup experience highly desired
● Demonstrated hands-on experience and subject matter expertise in configuring and managing the end-to-end product vision and strategy
● Crystallize vague concepts into concise tactical plans
● Understanding that speed is everything but prioritizing the right thing is equally important - you appreciate delivering impact quickly
● Be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
● Comprehensive and deep command of the product management function
● Strong collaboration, coordination, organizational and communication (written and spoken) skills with demonstrated experience across multiple products and/or projects
● Background in software development and project/program management is a plus
● Familiarity with Agile framework is preferred
● Preferred Education: BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
Perks & Benefits:
● We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of: $150,000 to $175,000. Vizion intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
● Equity Options – Share in the upside of our company’s success
● We prioritize diversity in our hiring and are LGBTQ+ friendly
● Fully remote: Work from your home office or beach somewhere (as long as the beach has Wi-Fi, of course)!
● Excellent No-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans: 100% coverage for you and dependents
● Unlimited PTO Policy: We believe in recharging our batteries and we mean it when we say we expect you to take time off!
● 401(k) with company contribution
● Company-Provided Laptop (Mac or PC) and an office-outfitting budget
Did you know:
Some studies indicate that the average female-identifying person will apply to a job only if they feel that they qualify for 100% of the requirements? Persons of color experience this at an even higher rate. Whereas male-identifying people will apply if they feel that they qualify for 60% or more of the requirements.
Now you (may) know something new, and we want to encourage anyone who feels that they might be qualified for the role to apply. You may be surprised!
We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to: hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services. We at Vizion are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, contractors, vendors, and clients.