Staff Tech Lead Manager, Perception
Bay Area, Remote (US only) /
Computer Vision /
Who Are We
Voxel is building the future of Computer Vision and Machine Learning for operations, risk, and safety. We use computer vision and AI to enable existing security cameras to automatically detect hazards and high-risk activities, keep people safe and drive operational efficiencies. Our technology addresses the key cost drivers for workers’ compensation, general liability, and property damage, which cost employers over $500 billion annually.
In this role, you will:
• Lead a team of software engineers working on cutting edge computer vision to improve workplace safety.
• Develop computer vision algorithms and ML models for the perception system.
• Attract, grow, and retain a diversity of talent, providing technical direction and career growth opportunities
• Guide all technical aspects of development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing, and integration
• Work closely with engineering partners and stakeholders to drive organizational alignment
• Masters in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience in computer vision, such as object detection, tracking, segmentation
• Experience in Deep Learning research and tools such as Pytorch
• Software design and development experience in Python and C++
• Experience managing projects spanning across multiple teams
• Experience in leading teams and setting technical direction
• Experience in building diverse, inclusive and collaborative team culture
• Solid written and verbal communications
• History and passion for creating inclusive and respectful work environments
• 4+ years of experience as a technical lead for the computer vision deep learning team.