New York /
Sales & Marketing /
Walnut HQ (Remote / New York, NY)
👋 About Walnut
We believe that nobody should struggle financially to receive healthcare. Every year, 500,000 families in the United States declare bankruptcy due to large medical bills. People should not have their lives destroyed because they can’t afford something they require to survive. At Walnut, we’re on a mission to increase access to healthcare by making it more affordable.
What we do
Walnut is a fintech company that expands financial access to healthcare. We’re building a point-of-sale embedded lending platform that makes healthcare more affordable for patients by breaking up large medical bills into small, monthly payments. The best part? No fees ever. This helps patients actually afford healthcare and helps healthcare providers capture more revenue and increase collections. We’ve raised over $110 million from prominent investors including Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI-focused venture fund), Plaid, Afore Capital, 2048 Ventures, Newark Venture Partners, Supernode Ventures, CityRock Venture Partners, and others.
Read more about us in TechCrunch here.
✍️ About the Role
Walnut is looking for an experienced manager to own and scale the Marketing function, reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the broader team. As the lead of this critical but nascent practice, you will both be setting the top level acquisition strategy and be building and optimizing campaigns to accelerate Walnut’s growth.
🔨 What You’ll Do
- Own the strategy, development, and optimization of growth marketing campaigns across paid and organic channels to generate awareness and high quality leads for both healthcare providers and employers
- Driving our external communications strategy and execution, across channels, such as our website, blog, and social media, and formats, including video, webinars and podcasts
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning, bringing it to life in a clear & consistent way that resonates with our vision and motivates our target users & community.
- Collaborate across a network of internal (product, sales, design) and external (Ad reps) partners to align strategy, tactics, and goals
- Build and manage a continuous experiment pipeline to iterate on audience, creative (both ad + landing page), and channel strategies to unlock new opportunities and incremental improvements on existing campaigns
- Measure and report on the performance of growth campaigns against internal targets (which you will set yourself) and competitor benchmarks (where available).
- Extract quantitative and qualitative insights to inform campaign strategy and share insights with other internal teams
- Set OKRs and hold quarterly / annual business reviews with executive stakeholders
- Report on program budget and ROI, and build business cases for increased investments where you can identify and validate new growth opportunities
🙌 What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years experience generating demand for technology products or services, ideally in the B2B/enterprise space
- Expert using various channels (Google Ads, LinkedIn, GDN, SEO / content marketing, email, in-product) and tools (SEMrush, Moz, GSC, etc) to move prospects through the buying journey and generate revenue
- Deep understanding of tracking and attribution (Google Analytics, GTM) with excellent analytical skills; able to craft actionable insights from complex data
- Mastery of hypothesis-guided optimization and A/B testing best practices; can build and prioritize a pipeline of ideas against finite resources
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively, both in a team environment and across functions
- Hustle & Grit: willingness and desire to take on personal responsibility for the business as a whole and “figure it out”, whether it’s in your exact functional lane or not.
- Excitement and passion for expanding financial access to healthcare
- Excellent communication and listening skills, clear storytelling ability, and the ability to persuade and influence others
- Proven ability to learn new things in rapidly changing environments.
🔥 What We Offer
💰 Competitive compensation and equity
🏥 Competitive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
🌴Unlimited vacation with a minimum of 10 days off per year, and a stipend you can apply towards flights, hotel stays, or Airbnb rentals
💻 New equipment for you to do your best work
🚀 Opportunity to make a significant contribution to a product that's already transforming how people pay for healthcare
🧳 An organization that supports learning and development. We will find mentors to help you level up, provide you the stretch opportunities and make resources available to help you grow
🌎 At Walnut, it’s your contribution to the team that matters. We support you working remotely wherever you’d like.
📚 Learning is important to us and we want to make sure that you have the opportunity to keep learning as you work with us. We provide stipends for online courses and books.
🏐 We believe it’s important to de-stress through exercise. We offer a monthly reimbursement to the gym or physical activity of your choice
🧠 We believe that taking care of your mind is just as important as taking care of your body. We offer a monthly reimbursement to any meditation, therapy, or counseling of your choice
🎥 Whether it’s Netflix, HBO Max, or Disney+, we provide a monthly stipend for you to spend on the streaming or entertainment
Interested in applying? Get in touch: email@example.com