Principal Product Designer
NYC Remote /
Engineering / Product /
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a decentralized credit platform that is using crypto to empower financial inclusion around the world.
Our vision is to connect the world’s capital to the world’s growth by building a global cashflow marketplace, enabling anyone to bring their earning potential on-chain and access funding from anyone in the world. Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, Goldfinch has issued over $120M of loans to wholesale lenders who have in turn helped Goldfinch reach +2M end-borrowers with zero losses. Goldfinch has scaled to four continents, covering +20 different countries, and we’re just getting started.
As a Warbler Labs Product Designer, you'll craft delightful, user-centered experiences. You'll be involved in every step of the product development process, from brainstorming ideas to developing high-fidelity designs. How can we ensure the product is clear to use, and that each participant fully understands the decisions and transactions they're making? You'll set a vision for how we design these experiences, and you'll collaborate closely with our entire team to execute on that vision.
What you’ll be doing (i.e. job duties):
- Work independently to complete projects ranging from new features to entirely new product offerings
- Conduct user research to understand user needs and problems
- Lead internal workshops to define and refine design goals and needs
- Design flows and experiences that are simple, intuitive, and elegant
- Design new experiences or layouts that evolve or define visual systems
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and other cross functional partners iterate on and oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
What we look for in you (i.e. job requirements):
- Excitement about the Goldfinch mission, and crypto!
- 8+ years of experience working in UX, UI, or related areas
- Fluency w/ responsive design and designing across multiple breakpoints
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and drive alignment
- Strong design craft, in both UX flows and visual design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with little guidance and find paths forward
Nice to haves:
- Experience in crypto and/or fintech
- All roles include meaningful equity and tokens
- Healthcare, dental, vision
- Occasional free lunch
- Maternal / Paternal leave
- Salary Range: 180k - 240K
- 401k retirement savings plan
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.