San Francisco Bay Area / NYC Remote
Business / Legal /
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a private credit platform that is using the blockchain to empower financial inclusion and investor access around the world.
Our vision is to connect the world’s capital to the world’s growth by building a global cashflow marketplace, enabling anyone to bring their earning potential on-chain and access funding from anyone in the world. Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, Goldfinch has issued over $120M of loans to wholesale lenders who have in turn helped Goldfinch reach +2M end-borrowers with zero losses. Goldfinch has scaled to four continents, covering +20 different countries, and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager as our first Finance hire to help us professionalize our financial operations. You will be reporting to the VP of Operations and Finance, and will be responsible for the efficient execution of all things related to finance, accounting, and tax.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a traditional finance or accounting background to transition into a fast-moving fintech / crypto startup. This role is a mix of ‘traditional’ finance and accounting (e.g. budgeting, payroll, accounts payable, tax, etc.) with some ‘crypto-native’ responsibilities (e.g. tracking our token treasury, executing token transactions, monitoring on-chain activity, etc).
The ideal candidate will draw on their experience to help us formalize and improve our financial ops processes. They are excited to take ownership by identifying and defining these improvement opportunities, and are willing to ‘get their hands dirty’ by operationalizing and executing these processes in a lean startup environment.
This role is full time US-based role, preferably located in the Bay Area or New York. But very open to remote.
What you’ll be doing (i.e. job duties):
- Refine our Finance and Accounting processes
- Proactively identify areas to build and improve financial ops processes
- Maintain budgets and forecasts (for both our token and fiat treasuries)
- Manage external bookkeepers and auditors, facilitating the preparation of financial statements and ensuring timely closes
- Work with our external tax advisors and filers to assist in tax planning and the preparation of tax documents
- Manage tax filings: Corporate tax returns, franchise, state, and city taxes, 1099-MISC, etc.
- Running payroll (domestic and international) including both token and fiat payments
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable
- Execute token transactions to pay vendors, ecosystem partners, employees, and others
- Responding to financial data requests from our investors and other partners
- Partnering with Legal to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements
- Collaborating with People Ops, Legal, Biz Ops, and the CEO on ad hoc finance or tax related projects
What we look for in you (i.e. job requirements):
- 3-5 years experience in an accounting or finance role
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment and able to take an ‘80/20’ approach
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Comfortable executing crypto transactions through third-party custody websites (e.g. Coinbase, Anchorage, Finoa, etc.)
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Accounting degree, or a degree in a similar field
- 5-8 years of accounting experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a startup environment
- Experience with blockchain, cryptocurrency, or web3 - or is genuinely excited to learn about the technology
- Experience with complex commercial loan accounting, or at least a willingness to learn
Compensation / Benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance covered 99% for employees and partial for Dependents
- 401k plan
- Salary Range: $150k + Variable Comp + Competitive equity & governance token incentives
- Team weeks and other industry travel opportunities
$150,000 - $170,000 a year
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.