Business / Legal /
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Warbler Labs is the core development team supporting the growth and success of the Goldfinch network.
Goldfinch is a decentralized credit protocol that is using crypto to empower financial inclusion around the world. Our vision is to build a global, decentralized network that allows anyone to be a lender, not just banks.
Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, the loan book has doubled every 2 months to over $100M in active loans. Goldfinch now serves hundreds of thousands of people and businesses via its borrowers across three continents and 20+ different countries. And we're just getting started.
The Credit Manager will report directly to the Chief Investment Officer (NY based) and be responsible for helping lead the global growth of the Goldfinch protocols adoption. This role is full time, preferably located in New York. Open to remote (in the US) for the right candidate. Authorization to the work in the US is required.
What You'll Do:
- Build and onboard a global base of Fintech borrowers and credit investors for Warbler Labs and the Goldfinch protocol
- Work with the Goldfinch community to decentralize credit underwriting and adapt traditional finance investment processes for a defi protocol
- Work with the wider Warbler Labs team to ideate, design, and bring new products to life with the end goal of creating more real-world utility for crypto through the Goldfinch Protocol
- Understanding of crypto & DeFi, and excitement about the Warbler Labs vision!
- 5+ years experience in private credit/structured debt, including deal origination, execution and monitoring
- Self-starter mindset, with the ability to illustrate instances where you've built an entire process, products, or lead end-to-end transactions
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Nice to haves:
- The Credit Manager will be a generalist role, but areas of specialty that are of interest to the team include:
- Deal structuring – experience structuring debt deals, including reviewing legal documentation
- Credit policy – experience developing credit policy or underwriting standards
- Defi credit – experience in defi lending, especially in the real-world asset (RWA) space
- Credit trading – experience identifying and trading credit arbitrage opportunities
- Marketplace lending – experience working on credit marketplaces, where helping investors understand and underwrite deals is a focus
- Portfolio / risk management - experience monitoring and managing existing loan positions
Benefits / Perks:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance covered 99%+
- Competitive equity compensation & governance token incentives
- Subsidies for laptop and remote office setups
- Free office lunches (if in the Bay Area)
- All-access Wework passes and frequent trips to the Bay Area (if remote)
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.