Senior Frontend Engineer
Engineering / Product /
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Warbler Labs is the core development team supporting the growth and success of the Goldfinch network.
Goldfinch is a decentralized credit protocol that is using crypto to empower financial inclusion around the world. Our vision is to build a global, decentralized network that allows anyone to be a lender, not just banks.
Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, the loan book has doubled every 2 months to over $100M in active loans. Goldfinch now serves hundreds of thousands of people and businesses via its borrowers across three continents and 20+ different countries. And we're just getting started.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Warbler Labs, you will be responsible — along with the rest our world-class engineering team — for building delightful web products for our customers to use. You could tech large frontend projects. You'll ensure we have sane and maintainable architecture. You'll tech lead small teams while still getting your hands dirty in the code. We generally follow an agile methodology. We work to create a high trust, empathetic team environment with high standards of excellence and integrity. We also bring a security first mindset to everything we build.
Tech: All our frontends are in React, using Typescript. We use GCP and Firebase for cloud functions. We heavily interact with the Ethereum blockchain. We also use The Graph protocol for on-chain data retrieval, which is a GraphQL based API service.
This role is full time, preferably located in the Bay Area. Open to remote for the right candidate.
Projects You Might Work On:
- You would get to own greenfield components of our frontends, including building out tools for our upcoming auditor system.
- Build out our subgraph's data infrastructure on The Graph.
- You could build a better capital supplier dashboard from scratch.
- You could build a standalone deployment of our front-ends that could be hosted by any of our borrowers. This might involve working with AWS or GCP to make one-click deployments available to them. Remember, this is a decentralized protocol, so we aren't building for ourselves to own everything. We want to put power into our users hands, and remove ourselves as a point of failure.
- You could work on our first version of surfacing social and reputational information about who is participating in the deals on the platform.
With any of these projects, we often design together, and implement separately. You'd be expected to own implementation from end to end, while being an enthusiastic and collaborative team member with everyone else and their projects.
- Excitement about crypto and the Warbler Labs mission!
- 4+ years experience building production grade frontends, with at least some React experience.
- Strong technical judgement, knows when to "build it right" and when "quick and dirty" is the right call
- Superb technical communication.
- Experience tech-leading projects and/or managing other engineers.
- Ability to work with little guidance and find paths forward
Nice to Haves:
- Experience or familiarity with crypto generally
- Experience working with web3 or smart contracts
Benefits / Perks:
- All roles include meaningful equity and tokens
- Healthcare, dental, vision
- Occasional free lunch
- Maternal / Parental leave
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.