Chief Credit Officer
Business / Legal /
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a private credit platform that is using the blockchain to empower financial inclusion and investor access around the world.
Our vision is to connect the world’s capital to the world’s growth by building a global cashflow marketplace, enabling anyone to bring their earning potential on-chain and access funding from anyone in the world. Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, Goldfinch has issued over $120M of loans to wholesale lenders who have in turn helped Goldfinch reach +2M end-borrowers with zero losses. Goldfinch has scaled to four continents, covering +20 different countries, and we’re just getting started.
As Warbler’s Chief Credit Officer, you will own all aspects of our Credit function. You will own the strategy and execution of all origination, risk/underwriting, and capital markets efforts, including defining all processes and managing the team across these divisions. At a high level, your primary responsibility will be delivering high-quality opportunities to our clients that yield strong returns.
You will work closely with the CEO and other leaders on company-wide strategy, and ensure that our Credit efforts drive the overall goals of the business. Ultimately, you will help scale the current ~$100M loan portfolio to well beyond $1B, by defining our investment strategy and executing against it.
What you’ll be doing (i.e. job duties):
- Origination: Our origination function is a team of originators who source, structure, present, execute, and monitor deals post-close. You will enable the team to continue expanding in current verticals and push into new verticals, including defining the investment strategy and hiring staff to meet sector demands.
- Risk/Underwriting: We apply a strong risk orientation to provide unbiased assessment of deals and ensure that Goldfinch deals are of exceptional quality. You will manage and develop this function, iterating on the processes and standards by which we assess deal quality and monitor deals post-close.
- Capital Markets: You will work with our Head of Capital Markets to expand this area of our business, which focuses on pitching larger deals to institutional investors. You will help define our strategy around geographic expansion, as well as build on your deep network of institutional investors.
- Leadership: to owning the Credit function, as a member of our management team you will consider how our Credit efforts fit into the more holistic goals of the business. You will work with the CEO and other functions like Product and Operations to collaborate on creative, strategic paths to achieve our objectives and grow the business. In addition, as the leader and voice of this function, you will also represent our investment efforts and philosophy in external settings, such as with clients.
What we look for in you (i.e. job requirements):
- At least 10 years experience in credit; 15+ years of experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in private credit markets including but not limited to: leveraged finance, venture debt, direct lending, structured credit or asset-backed financing.
- Experience at renowned firms with at least $250m AUM.
- Experience in management or leadership roles.
- Exceptional communication skills, both as an internal collaborator and external voice of the function.
- Proven track record of delivering results to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to drive strategic decisions at a management/firm-wide level.
- Deep and varied geographic and sector experience. US-only fund managers will also be strongly considered.
- Ability to generate buy-in and drive consensus across teams, bring clarity and structure to ambiguous opportunities, and consistently demonstrate initiative and execute with limited oversight.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and nimbleness to adjust to a blockchain-forward approach to backend infrastructure.
- Exceptional attention to detail, coupled with the ability to see the bigger picture, prioritize competing needs, and provide extreme clarity.
- Proven communication, leadership, organizational, and execution skills.
- Inclusive leader, open to feedback, transparent with others, and have a team-first mentality.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of blockchain, digital assets, and decentralized finance (DeFi)
- Experience in multiple jurisdictions, including those where Goldfinch already has exposure
Benefits / Perks:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance covered 99% for employees and partial for Dependents
- 401k plan
- Salary Range: 225k - 250K + Variable Comp + Competitive equity & governance token incentives
- Subsidies for laptop and remote office setups
- Team weeks and other industry travel opportunities
- Free office lunches (if in the Bay Area)
- All-access Wework passes and frequent trips to the Bay Area (if remote)
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.