Commercial/Corporate Counsel (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to people with Medicaid benefits. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
Our core values embody the essence of what makes Waymark a unique team today, and what we look for, nurture, and sustain as a team. We are bold builders, believing that the greatest challenges in care delivery can be solved when we harness the power of community and technology. We are humble learners, seeking feedback and perspectives different from our own, and welcome challenges to our conclusions. We experiment to improve, actively seeking data to inform decisions and to assess our own performance. We act with focused urgency, our commitment to our mission drives us to tirelessly pursue results.
If this vision resonates with you, we hope you consider bringing your creativity, your energy, your curiosity to Waymark.
As Commercial/Corporate Counsel at Waymark, you will be joining as the second full time, in-house legal hire. In this role, you will work on all commercial matters across the business, and be an integral part of accelerating the business. You will report to and partner with the Head of Legal and People, and be instrumental in creating contracting processes and executing the contracts that enable Waymark to deliver on its mission to bring the best healthcare to Medicaid populations. You should be energized by the opportunity to be a business partner, work on a range of contracts, from low to high complexity, set up processes, and provide practical, creative problem solving as we negotiate first-of-kind contracts.
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial agreements, such as value based contracts, business associate agreements, and vendor and supply agreements.
- Advising and supporting corporate governance matters, such as preparation of materials for Board meetings and corporate financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain legal resources, and conduct training for the team.
- Provide creative and effective legal solutions for business stakeholders on routinely short timelines.
- Be an outstanding collaborator with colleagues in legal, finance, product, engineering, operations and other areas.
- Must be admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., registered in-house status) in the state where the position is located.
- 5+ years of experience at a leading national law firm or comparable in-house practice, structuring, drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements.
- Passionate about improving healthcare to underserved communities.
- Excellent project management, negotiation, drafting, and time management skills.
- Self-starter, willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Ability to collaborate with and communicate, clearly and effectively, across different business functions (product, R&D, operations).
- Ability to deliver and perform in fast paced environments.