Software Engineer (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to people with Medicaid benefits. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
Our core values embody the essence of what makes Waymark a unique team today, and what we look for, nurture, and sustain as a team. We are bold builders, believing that the greatest challenges in care delivery can be solved when we harness the power of community and technology. We are humble learners, seeking feedback and perspectives different from our own, and welcome challenges to our conclusions. We experiment to improve, actively seeking data to inform decisions and to assess our own performance. We act with focused urgency, our commitment to our mission drives us to tirelessly pursue results.
If this vision resonates with you, we hope you consider bringing your creativity, your energy, your curiosity to Waymark.
In this role, you will tackle a critical healthcare challenge that will determine our success: identifying the right patients to outreach, at the right time, with the right information and resources.
You will help create and maintain data pipelines and architectures that bring healthcare data securely into our environment, transform that data intelligently, move that data to our internal CRM so that team members as varied as social workers and pharmacists can help our patients, and help our analytics team identify which interventions were effective. You will work with a diverse team, from social workers and pharmacists to economists and designers, to help shape our understanding of how to improve and scale our services and technologies.
- Provide technical mentorship to project team members, for example participating in code review.
- Build and maintain Waymark platform at the highest level of quality, service and availability.
- Architect, design and implement new functionality and product enhancements.
- Play an active role in all phases of software development from planning, designing, implementation, testing, deployment, to day-to-day operation.
- Build the data pipelines that help our team find the right patients, deliver critical interventions, and determine our effectiveness.
- Collaborate across entire product team to contribute to the analysis of functional requirements and overall system architecture.
- Document and communicate designs and interfaces for use by other engineers.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing large scale applications; 3+ years of product building experience and hands-on cloud platform experience: AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Proficiency in Python
- Familiar with microservice architecture
- Strong knowledge in software architecture, data structures, modern design patterns and internet protocols
- Proficient in both relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS) and NoSQL solutions (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Bachelor or master degree in Computer Science or related technical fields
- Familiar with Kubernetes and Docker
- Self-starter - ability to drive projects forward with limited oversight