San Francisco, CA /
Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to people with Medicaid benefits. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
Our core values embody the essence of what makes Waymark a unique team today, and what we look for, nurture, and sustain as a team. We are bold builders, believing that the greatest challenges in care delivery can be solved when we harness the power of community and technology. We are humble learners, seeking feedback and perspectives different from our own, and welcome challenges to our conclusions. We experiment to improve, actively seeking data to inform decisions and to assess our own performance. We act with focused urgency, our commitment to our mission drives us to tirelessly pursue results.
If this vision resonates with you, we hope you consider bringing your creativity, your energy, your curiosity to Waymark.
As the first actuary for Waymark, you will work closely with the leadership team to support business goals, setting the strategic direction, and managing risk through a period of high growth in new business, as well as maintaining strong, disciplined existing business relationships. You will collaborate across Finance, Product, R&D, and Operations teams to develop novel insights and solutions that drive performance and accelerate growth. You have the opportunity to shape our growth trajectory through new product development and evaluating and implementing value-based relationships with new clients.
The position comes with exciting challenges. You will build and shape a team. You will drive the strategic direction of the company with its founding leaders and directly impact how care is accessed and received by Medicaid patients.
- Develop actuarial pricing models, pricing methodologies and assumptions.
- Development actuarial reserves and forecasting models.
- Model risk-sharing arrangements and expected costs with MCO partners and providers.
- Model reinsurance, risk corridors, and aid in contracting with MCOs.
- Provide guidance on operations and product that prioritize efforts to ensure optimal cost outcomes.
- Be a key stakeholder in business development and collaborating on competitive analyses, various contracting proposals, and revenue optimization.
- Innovate on P&L impacting activities for us and our clients.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- ASA designation
- Extensive knowledge of concepts and methodologies in Government Programs, Value Based Care, and/or Provider Contracting
- Demonstrated experience fostering collaboration across teams and with clients and key partners
- Thrives in ambiguity with a bias towards action
- Experience working in early-stage high growth environments
- Track record of building and leading teams with a focus on individual development
- Partnering with senior management and cross-functional teams to develop and influence strategy
Join us as we advance care, guided by community for Medicaid patients.