Cloud Platform Engineer (Remote)
Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to people with Medicaid benefits. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
Our core values embody the essence of what makes Waymark a unique team today, and what we look for, nurture, and sustain as a team. We are bold builders, believing that the greatest challenges in care delivery can be solved when we harness the power of community and technology. We are humble learners, seeking feedback and perspectives different from our own, and welcome challenges to our conclusions. We experiment to improve, actively seeking data to inform decisions and to assess our own performance. We act with focused urgency, our commitment to our mission drives us to tirelessly pursue results.
If this vision resonates with you, we hope you consider bringing your creativity, your energy, your curiosity to Waymark.
As a cloud platform engineer at Waymark, you will serve as a builder and connector in the ideation and deployment of tools used by community health workers, social workers, pharmacists, and medical assistants to enable comprehensive care for low-income patients. This is a position for a person with passion for social justice and improvement of health outcomes.
You are excited by applying your skills in by providing technical guidance and consultation to satisfy infrastructure requirements, assist with CI/CD release process, and troubleshoot code and deployment issues, working with a diverse group of providers, designers, data scientists, and fellow engineers to solve major healthcare problems.
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts on the R&D team by providing technical guidance and consultation to satisfy infrastructure requirements, assist with CI/CD release process, and troubleshoot code and deployment issues.
- Build, deploy scalable, highly available systems and maintain software features and functions, databases and applications for cloud technologies (AWS & GCP).
- Lead the adoption and administration of distributed systems through the principles of Infrastructure as Code using configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible.
- Provides on-call support and monitors the system and identifies system deficiencies.
- Maintain process documentation, workflow and infrastructure and network architectural diagrams.
- 3+ years of experience leading multiple projects designing, building, and/or running production systems in cloud or virtualized environments.
- Advanced knowledge in containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS’ EC2, ECR, Cloudfront, Route 53.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and shell/bash scripting.
- Experience with DevOps practices including infrastructure as code, continuous integration, automated deployment, automated testing, autoscaling, and self-healing.
- Healthcare experience with healthcare data, privacy, and/or systems.
- Experience configuring and maintaining databases (RDBMS & NoSQL).
- Deep understanding of build and release automation and dependency management.
- Experience with logging, monitoring, alerting, and observability tools (e.g. Datadog, Sumo, Sentry).
- Experience managing distributed systems which can handle data at scale