Training and Development Specialist (Remote)
People / HR /
Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to people with Medicaid benefits. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
Our core values embody the essence of what makes Waymark a unique team today, and what we look for, nurture, and sustain as a team. We are bold builders, believing that the greatest challenges in care delivery can be solved when we harness the power of community and technology. We are humble learners, seeking feedback and perspectives different from our own, and welcome challenges to our conclusions. We experiment to improve, actively seeking data to inform decisions and to assess our own performance. We act with focused urgency, our commitment to our mission drives us to tirelessly pursue results.
If this vision resonates with you, we hope you consider bringing your creativity, your energy, your curiosity to Waymark.
As Waymark’s Training and Development Specialist, you will train and develop Waymark employees across the nation. You will be responsible for implementing and assessing Waymark training programs to improve job skills, enhance career development and meet Waymark’s strategic objectives. This includes acting as the primary facilitator for instructor-led training programs and serving as a resource for employees seeking information regarding deployment of New Hire Orientation, Onboarding, Community Health Worker Training, Clinic Coordinator Training, Waymark Partnering Clinic Training, and enterprise-wide instructor-led soft skills training. You will report to the Learning and Development Lead.
- Develop, recommend, and implement approved standardized training and testing material, including providing orientation training programs for new employees, using online and face-to-face delivery methods as appropriate.
- Coordinate training to ensure communication of policies & procedures designed to improve the overall quality of services delivered by Waymark and work done by employees.
- Work with management in creating and updating required reference materials or manuals.
- Assist in planning, implementing and evaluating continuing education programs for employees and in training, leading, and developing CHW staff.
- Plan and instruct patient education programsCollaborate with key stakeholders (Head of Clinical, Market Leads, Community Health Worker Lead, etc.) to develop and promote structured improvements to CHW operations and develop specific outreach and engagement strategies for various population groups.
- Provide learning and development subject matter expertise in response to day-to-day business issues, research applicable subject matter practices, and remain aware of industry trends.
- Some travel required (up to 33%)
- Deep commitment to improving healthcare for underserved populations.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise format to various audience levels in classroom and individual settings.
- Ability to effectively problem solve routine and complex issues.
- Critical thinking to objectively evaluate processes, make recommendations for improvements and implement those improvements.
- Ability to lead others through process change, development initiatives, and day to day activities.
- Sets a personal example by adhering to policies and procedures and by a professional demeanor.
- Ability to assess training needs and instructional objectives using a variety of methods, including interviews, focus groups, and questionnaires.
- Ability to successfully motivate, drive and lead colleagues in remote leadership positions.
- Community Health Worker (CHW) Certified trainer with extensive field-based CHW leadership or Community Health Worker (CHW) training or related professional experiences
- Understanding of community-based organizations, Medicaid-managed care, and/or social service systems.