Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to people with Medicaid benefits. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
Our core values embody the essence of what makes Waymark a unique team today, and what we look for, nurture, and sustain as a team. We are bold builders, believing that the greatest challenges in care delivery can be solved when we harness the power of community and technology. We are humble learners, seeking feedback and perspectives different from our own, and welcome challenges to our conclusions. We experiment to improve, actively seeking data to inform decisions and to assess our own performance. We act with focused urgency, our commitment to our mission drives us to tirelessly pursue results.
If this vision resonates with you, we hope you consider bringing your creativity, your energy, your curiosity to Waymark.
As a paralegal at Waymark, you will partner with the Head of Legal and People to manage legal processes in service of helping Waymark improve care to patients with Medicaid patients. You will be critical in driving the success of the Legal team, ready to roll up your sleeves to develop and manage legal processes, conduct legal research, maintain records, and aid in communications within the legal team. You will also collaborate closely with the growth, product, and other teams to help manage their legal needs and help manage outside counsel to execute on a range of critical tasks and projects.
- Maintain, organize and update documents and legal templates.
- Build and operate a legal intake process for product teams and a system to help organize and file executed contracts.
- Conduct state and federal regulatory research to support our Medicaid business, and develop processes to collect necessary paperwork to ensure compliance.
- Track progress of multiple projects, and identify tooling for use in managing contracts and product workflows
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal, or legal assistant at a law firm or in house legal department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Self starter, with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work across a range of legal matters, transactional, regulatory, and compliance.
- Experience identifying and solving problems and making continuous improvements.
- Experience with healthcare regulatory laws