VP of Security
Chandler, AZ /
Wealth Financial Technology Inc is a disruptive startup with a mission to better the lives of individuals and families looking to take control of their current and financial future. By using AI and advanced data analytics, we will give individuals the tools to help them make better financial decisions while valuing the genius in simplicity.
Creating a culture that is true to our values of collaboration is what will motivate our team every day. Come join this pre-launch well-funded startup destined to become a household name.
We’re serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly our customers’ data. We are looking for a self motivated and seasoned VP of Security, who is passionate about building secure and trustworthy applications and products, and makes smart trade-offs to ensure that we achieve our business and technology objectives.
- Proactively work with Product and Engineering teams to establish security and privacy by design. Influence and enable Engineering teams to solve security challenges at scale while balancing usability, stability, and performance.
- Design solutions and processes to identify, resolve, mitigate security vulnerabilities and risks at scale.
- Research threats and attack vectors that impact Wealth's applications and infrastructure.
- Devise and bolster defense-in-depth through secure-by-default frameworks, architectures, and processes.
- Mentor and share appsec best practices and standards with other parts of the organization
- Develop, evangelize and maintain security standard requirements and design patterns.
- Conduct Security architecture reviews, penetration testing, and source code reviews of key services, infrastructure and underlying technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 10+ years of technical experience with risk assessments and vulnerability research of web applications and related technologies.
- Experience in documenting and explaining risks/vulnerabilities to technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of operating static and dynamic security analysis tools
- Knowledge of the Security Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with a scripting language (e.g. perl, python, ruby) and a programming language (e.g. JAVA, Scala, Objective C)
- Experience of threat modeling and securing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with AWS and/or cloud native services and related security controls
- Experience and understanding of API identity and access management controls: OAuth 2.0, OIDC, JWT etc.
- Experience of building preventative and detective security automation tools
Benefits of Wealth
We are a pre-launch, well-funded startup with an innovative engineering and product culture. We offer incredible health benefits, 401k, flexible time off and stock options as part of our competitive compensation package.
Wealth is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply. Should you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.