Purpose Built Communities: Vice President, Network Member Success
Purpose Built Communities – VP, Network Member Success /
ORGANIZATION: Purpose Built Communities
ROLE: Vice President, Network Member Success
LOCATION: Hybrid (Atlanta, GA)
TRAVEL EXPECTATIONS: 50% of time
ABOUT PURPOSE BUILT COMMUNITIES
Purpose Built Communities (“Purpose Built”) is an incubator, convener, and catalyst for social change at the neighborhood level. Purpose Built is a philanthropically-funded nonprofit organization that partners with local leaders–its Network Members–to design, direct, and accelerate neighborhood transformation initiatives across the United States so residents can experience greater racial equity, improved health outcomes, and increased upward mobility.
Purpose Built provides pro-bono guidance, coaching, and support to these local leaders, their staff, and stakeholders in implementing and growing a holistic model of revitalization in their neighborhoods. Together with Purpose Built’s Network Members and strategic partners, Purpose Built believes every neighborhood should have affordable, high-quality mixed income housing, excellent schools that keep student success in life and in the classroom central, inclusive spaces that nurture and enrich residents’ physical and mental health and foster a sense of belonging, and a thriving commercial core that keeps the neighborhood economically vibrant. The throughline is uplifting the legacy and supporting the vision of the people who have long called that neighborhood home.
Purpose Built has recently undertaken a series of programmatic updates, including refining its Model for impact and completing our strategic planning process. These initiatives require a clarifying and unifying story about Purpose Built’s ethos and values system as a social change organization.
Purpose Built supports 26 Network Members with pro-bono services, including technical assistance, a robust Community of Practice, racial equity programming, policy support, fundraising, and more. As Purpose Built continues to evolve its Model and support structures, it is focusing on amplifying its value proposition, telling a collective story of Network impact and establishing its leadership in the field of place-based work.
To learn more about Purpose Built Communities, visit: www.purposebuiltcommunities.org.
Purpose Built Communities’s Values:
- Possibility: Our purpose is to provide the possible, not settling for the probable.
- Impact: We take action and build bridges to create lasting impact.
- Community: We cultivate connected, mutually contributing communities.
- Equity: We ground our work in the foundational beliefs that race and place matter.
ABOUT THE VICE PRESIDENT, NETWORK MEMBER SUCCESS ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Vice President, Network Member Success will join a team of relationship-oriented professionals who advise, counsel, and support Network Members at various stages of their development. This pivotal position will connect Network Members to experts and resources to implement high-level strategies within their community and organizations, as well as to assist Network Members in setting the overall strategy in alignment with model standards. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal skills, a strategic mindset, and a proven track record of successful cross-sector partnerships.
- Strategic Alignment: Conduct in-depth needs assessments with potential partners to understand their unique challenges and goals. Customize Purpose Built Communities’ offerings and resources to align with the specific needs of each prospective Network Member, ensuring tailored and impactful solutions throughout the initial engagement and onboarding process. Ensure community quarterback efforts are aligned with Purpose Built Communities’ strategic plan and overall model. Support community quarterbacks by offering resources about Purpose Built and network-wide priorities.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with Network Members, ensuring their needs are met while fostering trust and confidence.
- Cross-Sector Collaboration: Facilitate partnerships between public and private entities at the organizational level, leveraging resources and expertise to execute the Purpose Built Communities model.
- Leadership Development: Identify and provide leadership and professional development support and opportunities to Network Members, fostering a collaborative and supportive community.
- Strategic Questioning: Use strategic questioning and facilitation approaches to engage Network Members in critical thinking and problem solving discussions that advance their efforts.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Leverage in-house and external expertise regarding Purpose Built’s pillars and nonprofit management skills, systematizing knowledge sharing and ensuring effective utilization across the organization.
- Communication: Maintain constant communication with Network Members, collaborating with organizational leaders and their teams on a regular basis and ensuring a supportive and cohesive community.
- Strategic Partnership Cultivation: Develop and execute comprehensive strategies to usher prospective Network Members through a thoughtful and supportive process aligned with Purpose Built Communities mission and Network Member Progression Matrix. Initiate conversations and foster relationships with organizations and entities considering collaboration with Purpose Built Communities.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in relevant fields or functions, including 5 or more years in positions related specifically to nonprofit management and cross-sector partnerships. Experience within one of Purpose Built Communities’ four pillars is required.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills with the ability to partner with executives, staff, residents, donors, and community partners. Ability to build strategic partnerships with results in facilitating negotiations using consensus building.
- Strong strategic thinking abilities, capable of translating high-level goals into practical, actionable plans.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey complex ideas clearly and concisely. Demonstrated experience communicating with diverse audiences.
- Strong critical thinking and active listening skills, with the ability to identify challenges and develop effective solutions. Ability to adapt plans as new information becomes available.
- Proactive and accountable. Ability to take initiative and drive projects forward independently.
- A deep understanding of nonprofit operations and challenges, either through experience as a nonprofit executive or consultant, is preferred.
- Ardent commitment to continuing on a racial equity journey organizationally within Purpose Built and its Network, as well as personally.
- Able and willing to operate as a pragmatic problem solver and strategic advisor.
- Team player with strong leadership who can also act as a self-starter with exceptional project management skills.
- Embody the Purpose Built values.
- Exemplify a respected professional recognized for collaborating with others with a commitment to integrity, candor, and transparency.
- Lived or shared experience with the people of Purpose Built communities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan (Safe Harbor Match of 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 2%). Annual 3% discretionary distribution, as well, after completing 1000 hours of service.
- Cell phone reimbursement is $75 monthly.
- 9 weeks of parental leave.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Frontloaded annual PTO based on years of service, for the first three years it is 17 days.
- 11 Paid holidays and 2 paid floating holidays. Additional days off for the PBCF Holiday Schedule.
- Flexible work model.
- Other perks (Monday office lunches, and more).
Purpose Built Communities offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package to all staff that, effective on the first day of employment, which includes:
Please submit an online application to Work Renewed. If you have any questions, contact the Work Renewed team at email@example.com.
Purpose Built Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.