Associate Director, Social Media Marketing
Los Angeles, California /
Talent – Social Media Marketing /
We're looking for a Social Media Associate Director to join XX Artists rapidly growing team. As the Associate Director, Talent Social you will be responsible for assisting in leading social media strategy and creative and supporting account teams for dedicated global talent clients.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the Internet, YouTube and social, and has a deep knowledge of social strategy, digital platforms, and cultural trends. Equally, we are looking for someone who commands the ability to craft digital strategies rooted in creative narrative.
You must be able to provide thought leadership, develop compelling strategies that drive talent KPIs (qual/quant), and perform senior client management duties as well as be prepared to roll up your sleeves and work with your teams to deliver tactical executions to meet the needs of talent.
You must be well-versed in social media management and on the bleeding edge of platform product updates and trends. Strong copywriting skills, creative design delegation, project management, and corporate communications experience are required.
This role functions M-F business hours, in addition to some select evenings and weekends. XX Artists company benefits currently include competitive health and vision package, 401K matching, and paid time off.
What We’re Looking For
- A digital-expert with proven experience managing social media strategy and execution on behalf of high-profile talent (traditional celebrities and digital creators)
- Experience in working with Talent and their teams (Managers, Agents, Promoters, Publicists)
- A well-rounded communications strategist, who draws upon broad experience in content creation, social media, writing and internal communications, to develop campaigns that directly connect with clients’ audiences and achieve KPIs
- A thought leader that is able to interpret data and identify content and talent trends to inform strategies and lead teams to continually push creative boundaries
- A professional who possesses excellent writing skills and commands an ability to produce editorial output which reflects brand objectives and current cultural trends
- A digital creative with a deep understanding of functions, data, and use of social media platforms (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and others) and a passion for the development and management of online communities
- A team player who can operate at a high level but willing to get your hands dirty daily in the knitty gritty (copywriting, concepting, etc.)
- Someone who is passionate about social-first activations with extensive experience the space
- A clear and direct people manager who can lead a team of juniors
- A proficient Google tools user, including GMail and Google services (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead on key accounts and interface with key stakeholders
- Develop creative strategies and set goals for your respective clients’ platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Twitch, LinkedIn
- Manage the development and ongoing maintenance of clients’ editorial calendars
- Manage workflows including new client integrations, campaign development, and management, as well as on-going / day-to-day client management
- Leverage data, insights, trends, and best practices to inform social creative and copy development for your respective clients
- Daily Community Management with a focus on identifying engagement opportunities
- Manage live/active engagement opportunities documents
- Copywriting talent social responses for various platforms and monitoring social chatter
- Identifying problematic and/or crisis content for escalation to Director for clients
- Lead a team of Managers and Coordinators; providing them with resources and direction while allowing them to grow in their roles
- Keep on the cutting edge of social/digital/emerging media and track trends to identify new, innovative ways to evolve the strategies, grow audiences, drive meaningful conversations, and build communities online
- Ideate strategic partnerships and new client opportunities
- Contribute to new business conversations
- 6+ years of progressive social media job history
- 4+ years of experience with Talent
- Proficient in Gmail and Google tools (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Must have a laptop and phone
- Must have valid passport
- Knowledge of and/or passion for online talent
- Knowledge of and/or passion for current online content trends
- Experience working independent
About XX Artists
XX Artists is a boutique social marketing agency located in Playa Vista, CA.
Our mission: we break the agency mold, providing superior social marketing services and operating as an extension of our clients’ teams. Together, we create community through content and execute strategies that bring brands to life on the internet.
Our values: delivering white-glove service is innate not optional for our business -- inclusivity and diversity will always deliver superior content with the fullest reach -- cultural relevance requires a digital-first mindset