Los Angeles, California /
Visual Development – Design /
XX Artists is looking for a thoughtful and talented mid-level graphic designer to join our growing design team. Core responsibilities will be to support design team leads, creating a wide range of digital assets (motion animation, text-based graphics, photo treatments and more) for a portfolio of clients spanning brands, entertainment properties, music artists and talent.
We're looking for a person who is comfortable working in a quick paced environment, enjoys collaborating with others, doesn't bring ego into the work, and who is generally easy-going and positive. From an experience standpoint, we'd love someone who has roughly 2-3 years of experience working in a graphic design role either at an agency or in-house.
From a skills standpoint, we want someone who excels at typography and layouts, has a strong understanding of hierarchy and balance, as well as a strong knowledge of design best practices. Having a POV and insight into how beautiful brands are created is a huge plus. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the Internet, YouTube and social content, and both cultural and design trends.
This role functions M-F business hours, in addition to some select evenings and weekends. XX Artists company benefits currently include competitive health and vision package, 401K matching, and paid time off.
What We’re Looking For
- Understanding of content creation / digital assets
- Knowledge of internet culture and design trends that drive engagement
- Detailed oriented, hyper-organized, and self-sufficient creative
- Proven knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Keynote
- An active participant in creative discussions
- Proficient in Google tools including GMail and Google services (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to take design directions and manage multiple design tasks simultaneously
- Excellence in working with deadlines
What You’ll Be Doing
- Daily content creation across multiple client accounts, as directed by client manager and/or design leads
- Ensure platform optimization for each asset export
- Working across teams to deliver against asset creation goals
- Manage digital asset storage
- Proven experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Keynote
- A portfolio showcasing diverse graphic design work with a focus on type and layout
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Secondary education in Design, Fine Arts or a related field is a plus
- Content creation specific to social media platforms
- Knowledge of and/or passion for current online content trends
About XX Artists
xx Artists is a boutique social marketing agency located in Playa Vista, CA.
Our mission: we break the agency mold, providing superior social marketing services and operating as an extension of our clients’ teams. Together, we create community through content and execute strategies that bring brands to life on the internet.
Our values: delivering white-glove service is innate not optional for our business -- inclusivity and diversity will always deliver superior content with the fullest reach -- cultural relevance requires a digital-first mindset